PDA

View Full Version : World.exe Crashing

monalin crusader
08-06-2004, 05:50 PM
I've tryed many thing and i'm still stumped about this problem i dont even know whats causing it nevemind how to fix it. Usualy i can come up with a solution on my own and other times it requires the help of those who are smarter than me ;-). Now being one of those times hehe.

Heres the deal. Everytime i run World.exe it will Load the item and crash. U know that box comming up saying

World.exe Has encountered an error... bla bla bla

I'm not sure if u atcualy finnished loading the items in db but thats the last step it shows in world.exe.

I tryed finding precompiled versions of world.exe and those also failed but i got an error saying

VC++ Library Runtime Error
and then something about a buffer overrun

So my next guess is that its something to do with the db i tryed 3 different db's and it sill not working.

I've run many servers on my computer and recently had to Re-Format it and lost all this setup stuff in the process now i cant seem to get it back in working condition. I also tryed running world.exe through a cmd prompt but it didnt give me any additional errors that i just skipped by or something. The actualy world.exe consol doesnt give me any errors it jsut crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If u need to see my loginserver.ini and db.ini files i'll put em on here but i am almost certian it has nothing to do with those and i've double and triple checked those also.

Is there anyone who can help me out there hehe. [/quote]

cofruben
08-06-2004, 10:42 PM
what version of mysql are you using?Probably changing to 3.x will help you a little.
What version of windows are you using?
Have you compiled in debug mode?

gottasummer
08-06-2004, 11:08 PM
I got that needs to close error, but I will admit that, I goofed up on the database... I will search the net and look for more databases that are complete, and working with Trilogy and Planes of Power.

monalin crusader
08-08-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm good now problem is fixed. I figured out somehow one of my databases had an error in it and was causing some file in my directory... NOT world.exe to be corrupted and any databases i would try in that folder after u used that database would not work. So i just created anotehr folder and it will work as long as i never run my corrupted db. Wierd error i think but i solved it and i put this here incase anyone else ever has problems with this.

And thanks for those who tryed to help.