PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting started

Simanski
08-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey, I just installed everquest... after reading through the forum and the guides i tried to tun everquest.exe to update to the latest version of everquest(the guide says to do this but in the forums i see people saying dont update??) but anyways when i click everquest.exe i get:
(patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: Corrupt or missing file on update server.

and when i try to run eqgame.exe patchme it says install directx 6 even though i have directx 9 installed

hypershadow66
08-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Ok, if you patched after July 14th, wich it sounds like you did, then EQEmu will not work untill the next EQEmu update.
and since you installed, eqemu will not work with a fresh install either

Simanski
08-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Nah i havent patched i get that error when i try to (everytime i try/ied)

sotonin
08-07-2004, 12:22 PM
I just installed everquest

that right there means you cannot play emu. sorry

gottasummer
08-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I just installed everquest

that right there means you cannot play emu. sorry

not unless they use your patcher or patch to live and download scorpious's patch, thats what i just did when i downloaded eq onto my laptop.

Simanski
08-08-2004, 02:39 AM
you guys aint explaining anything... why cant i play? what do i need to do to play? where did i go wrong?

sotonin
08-08-2004, 03:46 AM
Sony patched their client. and made it broken with the emu quite a while back. It's not fixed yet.

Old fresh installs of EQ are too old to work with emu. New patched installs are too new to work with emu. You need very specific files to get emu working.

We are not allowed to tell you where to get these files, only sony has the rights to distribute them. I have no sympathy for you, there are at least 30 threads with people asking the same bullshit as you, read them.

Simanski
08-09-2004, 01:08 AM
sorry i didnt find anything like this in the forum (though im not saying its not there as i certainly didnt thoroughly scan) so i pretty much have nothing else to do other then just go and forget this eh?