PDA

View Full Version : Normal for 5 zone servers to be full?

gottasummer
08-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Hello,
Last night, I had 7 people on my server around 7PM, and it had a problem, my client crashed, I went to rejoin, all of the 5 zone servers were full, I had to startup more, is that normal to have full zone servers like that? it is annoying.

RangerDown
08-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Your 7 users were distributed across 5 different zones then.

We programmers here aren't qualified to decide whether that's "normal". I suggest you hire a psychologist to study the behavioral patterns of your 7 users and determine what makes them decide to go to 5 different zones. :P

(Edit: If you want your server to start more than 5 zones, make additional lines in your boot5zones.bat file.)

Facet42
08-07-2004, 12:06 PM
I'm finding that 10 zone servers appears to be an absolute minimum in normal conditions.

gottasummer
08-07-2004, 12:07 PM
ok thanks thats what I did.

I got it back on then it said that it lost connection to eqemulator.net login server so I restarted it again, I hope it will remain onlien this time.

And I dont think a shrink would be able to help with the zones like that.. the people were in all the different zones because we were building a marketplace somewhere, and the non-gms were testing the teleport NPC thingies.