PDA

View Full Version : Visual C++ 6.0 or Visual C++ .NET

gottasummer
08-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Hello,
Please take my poll on what I should do, either Visual C++ 6.0 or the .NET one, I can compile with 6.0 but I didnt try with .NET, well I compiled other things but I am more used to the 6.0 version.

monalin crusader
08-09-2004, 07:18 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but from what i understand the .net guide has you loginto their servers they have up and running and all your doing is temprarily using their VC++ compliler on their server so really there is no need to use it its the same as using VC++ 6 or whatnot.

gottasummer
08-09-2004, 08:14 AM
well yeah but once you use the trial I dont think you can use it again... mainly I do not care for that... just... I like to keep the compiler on my own PC.

Charmy
08-09-2004, 03:51 PM
well to fix your problem with the online trial use microsofts own tools against them!. just register for a new hotmail account every time you need to use it, the toolkit you can download is all commandline compiling, similar to doing a gcc compile, however i am not sure if you can use makefiles with the toolkit, i am guessing you can but not sure. the newest releases of .NET aren't much different than the older versions, all the programs will still compile under .NET that were coded in an earlier version <shrug>.

gottasummer
08-10-2004, 09:30 AM
ok thanks