PDA

View Full Version : Merchants not buying back goods?

jimbox114
08-11-2004, 05:15 AM
Having a problem with merchants not buying anything. It don't matter if it is a merchant I made, or one that was all-ready in the database. When you go to sell anything it just hangs there and bugs your mouse control till you zone. If you click more then once they will give you the ole "Hold your horses blah blah". I have tried several merchants in several zones and still get this. As far as buying from a merchant goes it is just fine. I searched with search and never did see any posts talking about this.

Kind of on a side note, but anybody know of a fix for the item shifting problem minus trying different sources of the emu? I have tried 3 different sources and all end up being about the same as far as the item shifting is concerned.

Darkwaters
08-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Having a problem with merchants not buying anything. It don't matter if it is a merchant I made, or one that was all-ready in the database. When you go to sell anything it just hangs there and bugs your mouse control till you zone.

Three things:
One, make certaint that in MySQL table = variables (Merchant keeps items = 0) if you set this to 1 merchants not only do not keep the items they do not buy back your items.
Two, make certain if it hangs that once you zoned either the item is gone and money exchange went up or you still have the item.
Three, make sure you have more than 512 meg and at bare minimum 5 zones running you'll find if you have more than 512 meg ram and not a ton of "System tray" items running crap IM's, Virus protection, system tools, 3rd party apps, etc you will notice the database is more likely to update or at very least allow you to complete your sale as long as step one and two are followed.

Hope this helps,
Darkwaters