PDA

View Full Version : The Myra database:

Ace
08-19-2004, 11:16 AM
This database looks superb, and is exactly what I want for my server. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to compatible with the latest release of EQEMu. I tried compiling it in combination with many other item databases, as I only get this error on starting zone.exe:

http://members.shaw.ca/aceed/Myradbsourcecmd.jpg

Is there ANY way to get all the hard work populating zones that Myra has done to work with the current release? I really want to get zones like Vex Thal populated, and it seems Myra's database has these things I want. I've been manually populating Vex Thal, but it's far from what it seems Myra has.

As I'm not very fluent with sql thus far, I am not positive, but I am sure that there is a command that will allow me to compare Myra's DB with another, WORKING 5.7 DR6 database and be able to run all the population work she has done.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Edit: I know what the login error is, and that's a simple fix. I posted the pic to show the item database error in correlation with Myra's Database.

sotonin
08-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Myra's is way old... would probably take a lot of work to get it compatible.

My advice is wait for our releases. Vex thal is a ways off. (even though we have it fully collected and populated, exactly like live) but we are doing releases beginning with classic. Which is almost complete. doing the final touches on it now, and trying to get 2 grid into the official CVS. because it wont be compatible with the old pathing system.

Ace
08-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, dammit. So there is no database available at the moment that contains Vex Thal, PoHate, etc?

If not, that leaves me with a few options.

I have three EQ live accounts, would it possible to bribe the information from a dev with blowjobs, packetcollecting, or greenbacks? I have plenty of money to throw around to get what I want :D

I don't know if this is against board rules, but if someone gets the zones I need populated and working with the latest CVS, my players have a sizeable donation fund for the files we need :twisted:

sotonin
08-20-2004, 01:03 AM
plane of hate no longer exists on eqlive.

its now. The Plane of Hate .. hateplaneb

Ace
08-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Yes....that was what I was referring to.

Any takers on the DB offer? :twisted:

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Here's my two cents because I've done this already for 4.4dr1.

If your that desperate for the data your after and have a few days time.
Take your favorite db, export to a newly created db so your not screwing with the original db.
Print the table properties for each table property in your copied_db (something I've done).
Create a new_db source in the latest db related to your versions of EQEmu server and eqclient.exe files, source in that db.
Now print out the same table properties data and make certain that tables have or have not been removed from this new versus old or added to new versus old.
This part sucks but the only way to do it yourself is to actually go table property by table property and manually compare them making changes to the appropriate locations in your copied_db table properties so that it matches the new db properties. (much time has passed by at this point, like a couple weeks).
You could probably use MySQL comparison functions but I'm not giving them because I'd end up being responsible to walking you through it and its a pain in the butt.
*NOTE* keep fingers and toes crossed at all times and pray to whomever you wish for it to be successful or you've wasted a lot of time.
Good luck on this one,
Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 12:06 PM
You could probably use MySQL comparison functions but I'm not giving them

Interesting.

Thanks for the information Darkwaters, if it comes down to it in a week or so, I will just do it myself.

For anyone else interested in making a buck, my offer still stands. :D

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 12:09 PM
No problem I'm to old to go fighting that much of a database headache. =)
Still hope it goes smoothly for you and leave a post when you get done whichever route you take.
Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Hell, I don't want much. Just more than what I have now :D

It's a bit perplexing that an older database contains information that the up to date database doesn't. It boggles the mind, if you will.

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Well IMO every version of EQEmu has had to go through its lifecycle changes to get you to a functioning game. If your upset about db structure plz make some constructive criticism, as in how things could be setup, packet collection, code snippets, otherwise keep a good frame of mind and relax. Patience is definitely the key here. Glad to see you as enthused as the rest of us.
Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh I'm hardly upset, I am just unable to locate the logic in what seems to backwards steps. What I'm wondering, is if something physically changed with the way Everquest pulls npcs from the database which required this step backwards. I haven't been able to find anything regarding this, which is why I'm still wondering about it.

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh I'm hardly upset, I am just unable to locate the logic in what seems to backwards steps. What I'm wondering, is if something physically changed with the way Everquest pulls npcs from the database which required this step backwards. I haven't been able to find anything regarding this, which is why I'm still wondering about it.

Well I'm surprised you'd expect it to be the same but here's my two cents anyhoot.

You could just read a changelog.txt file, but obviously there have been improvements so it is expected to have src code and db structure/content changes just as SOE has changed their own application. As far as the database is concerned there have been improvements every step of the way and obviously with improvements there is increase in definition and depth not just to the db volume but its configuration and structure as well.
I guess what I'm saying is it would be ridiculous to expect the same db and code structure for every new implementation or that db's would actually be kept intact especially with so many "Custom" servers out there. I think its easier to develop new db structure based on the new coding packages as done so by the Dev's and replicate collected packet data to the newly structured db, rather than expect the original db to be usable. This is still an "In-The-Works-Project", it's why their considered DR's "Developer Release's".

Come on home now, Earth is just around the corner. When you get there you should probably stop and rest a while.

Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Now now, no need for subtle insults. We can all act like adults here.

As I am rather new to this, I came into it expecting a sort of uniformity in the structure. I have since seen that the community is far from uniform. I accept that, and I actually find it great that people take the time to customize their own servers. I realize that things change, and that is the question I was asking.

You said yourself that incorporating the old data with the new is simply a matter of time and effort. Is the reason that this database doesn't exist simply because no one has taken the time and effort to keep an updated database? If so, I have plenty of time to dedicate to the effort.

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 02:29 PM
I believe its due to the enormous amount of time required to move forward one step at a time always striving for the best "product". A lot of these Dev's and Admin's spend a huge amount of time keeping things up to date and running at the latest and greatest as they are very nice and helpful.
No insult intended, if this was SOE I'd expect uniformity, considering this is a Developed version of an "Emulator" ie:not the real deal, I'd expect that this would be expected.
Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 02:34 PM
So again I ask:

Is the reason that this database doesn't exist simply because no one has taken the time and effort to keep an updated database?

Or, is it because this updated database is impossible until EQEMu is updated to another version?

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm not the Dev or Admin so I'm not speaking for them in any of my posts or this one. Obviously take a pill and relax. It would be a complete waste of time when item structures etc change, would you like to manually search each line and there are 28731 in just the items table and thats prior to dropping some in the newdumpeditems.sql file which only contains 19881 in the items table. There are 140 fields per each of those lines now thats either 4022340 populated fields or 2783340 populated fields. You would literally have to compare these tables and verify that the data is essential and not dropped due to changes with regards to SOE live code. I really think you need to burn off energy in some other fashion, try reading the packet collection thread. It would be more benefitial to have all the new items added in the proper context than to finally complete an update and find the structure and items have changed yet again.
WOW, I'm not flaming and you can take it as such, nm I'll flame WTF are you smoking???
Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Wow, you seem to be somewhat bi polar.

I believe that you are completely missing the point here. Your fallacious logic doesn't seem to be registering the fact that Yes, I would be willing to do this by hand.

Calm down, people your age get heart attacks easily.

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Then figure it out I'm not your babysitter nor will I walk you through it at this point. Obviously you don't know enough to do it yourself from what I can see.
Darkwaters

Melwin
08-20-2004, 03:21 PM
If one had the structure differences between the two tables, one could write a script to make them compatible with one another.

Ace
08-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Then figure it out I'm not your babysitter nor will I walk you through it at this point. Obviously you don't know enough to do it yourself from what I can see.

Darkwaters, you would benefit from the timeless adage of, "Act your age, not your shoe size." There is no reason for you lower yourself to an immature level, as I have been nothing but calm, collected and mature since the beginning of this thread.

I never asked explicitly for your advice, you voluntarily posted in this thread and provided it by yourself. I never asked you to babysit me, nor would I deem you mentally fit to babysit a child. I would appreciate it if you would remove yourself from reducing the legitimacy of this thread with your illiterate vitriol.

Melwin, thank you so much for the constructive response. I expected this was the case, and if my search for a private updated database comes to an end, I will definitely be making one and providing it for the community.

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Here's my two cents again to implement the fixes and I'd post the updated items table but SBC homepages is down atm so no where to post the small zip file.

Here Ace,
If you plan on only using MW_57DR2_alpha_1.sql and newdumpeditems.sql and following the tutorial posted elsewhere.
There are 7 unique table fields missing from newdumpeditems.sql's "items" table [unknown004, 070, 076, 077, 099, 107, & 108] add these entries listed in the code snippet below to this table.
There are 30 missing fields in the MW_57DR2_alpha_1.sql's "items_" table [not manually listing them just verify you alter your table properties to match the information below in the code snippet].

# MySQL-Front 3.0 (Build 28.10)

# Items and Items_ updated by Darkwaters
# ------------------------------------------------------
# Server version 4.0.20a-nt

#
# Table structure for table items
#

CREATE TABLE `items` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`minstatus` smallint(5) NOT NULL default '0',
`Name` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '0',
`aagi` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`ac` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`accuracy` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`acha` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`adex` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`aint` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`artifactflag` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`asta` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`astr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`attackbonus` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`augmentrestriction` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`augslot1type` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
`augslot2type` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
`augslot3type` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
`augslot4type` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
`augslot5type` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
`augtype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`avoidance` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`awis` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`bagsize` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`bagslots` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`bagtype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`bagwr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`banedmgamt` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`banedmgamt2` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`banedmgbody` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`banedmgrace` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`bardtype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`bardvalue` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`booktype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`casttime` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`casttime2` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`charges` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`charmfile` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '0',
`classes` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`color` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`combateffects` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`combatskill` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`combatskilldmg` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`cost` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`cr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`damage` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`damageshield` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`deity` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`delay` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`dotshielding` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`dr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`effecttype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`elemdmgtype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`elemdmgamt` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`endur` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionamt1` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionamt2` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionamt3` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionamt4` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionmod1` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionmod2` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionmod3` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`factionmod4` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`filename` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '0',
`focusid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`fr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`gmflag` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`hastepercent` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`hasteproclvl` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`hp` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`hpregen` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`icon` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`idfile` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '0',
`itemclass` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`itemtype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`ldonpointcost` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`ldonpointtheme` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`ldonsold` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`light` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`lore` varchar(80) NOT NULL default '0',
`loreflag` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`magic` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`mana` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`manaregen` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`material` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`maxcharges` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`merchantprice` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`mr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`nodrop` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`norent` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`pendingloreflag` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pr` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`proc_rate_mod` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`races` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`range` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`reclevel` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`recskill` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`reqlevel` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`sellrate` float NOT NULL default '0',
`shielding` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`size` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`skillmodtype` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`skillmodvalue` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`slots` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`spellid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`spellshield` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`strikethrough` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`stunresist` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`summonedflag` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`tradeskills` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`tribute` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`weight` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown002` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown003` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown005` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown006` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown007` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown018` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown019` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown020` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown061` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown067` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown069` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown081` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown105` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown122` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown123` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown124` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown125` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown126` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown127` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown128` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown129` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown130` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown131` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown132` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown133` varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`updated` datetime default '2004-06-20 00:00:00',
`comment` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown008` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown004` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown070` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown076` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown077` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown099` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown107` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`unknown108` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
UNIQUE KEY `ID` (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

After making appropriate changes to both "items" and "items_".
Remove the dupes in the "items_" table compared to "items". This can be done easily enough using the following information in MySQL's SQL Editor Window:

DELETE FROM items_ USING items_, items WHERE items_.id=items.id;

Source the left over original items into "items" the [newdumpeditems.sql's "items"] you'll find you now have 147 table fields for items and 28,810 items in your table. The "items_new" has only 140 table fields and 19,881 items in the table versus "items_orig" which has only 117 table fields yet 28,731 items in the table.

Darkwaters

Darkwaters
08-20-2004, 08:28 PM
BTW take that information and apply the general walkthrough or snippets to whatever database it is your trying to use with current EQEmu. It's your time and I was just trying to help until you repetitively asked so why hasn't this been done. As I've stated I don't work as anything but a poster here, but I have many years in IT it just seemed you were being rude asking me again and again why such and such hasn't been implemented when its not mine to say why (like I stated).
Darkwaters

Ace
08-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Ah, good show Darkwaters, nicely played.

I understood your position as a poster, and I was simply asking for your opinion as an experienced EQEMu user.

Do you mean that you've updated the table already? If you can get it up, or need a host, give me a shout.

As it stands, great work, and as it's quite a bit later than I expected to stay up, I will absorb this tomorrow. If I can get it into an updated database, would you be against me using the information you have added to provide the community with this database? I'm sure we could all benefit from a fully updated database; at least until the new client comes out.

Thanks again for rising above and beyond what I expected from anyone posting.

sotonin
08-21-2004, 06:49 AM
uhm.. did i somehow get lost here, but wasn't the actual question how to get the myra's database compatible.... not the items table.

if thats all he wanted i could of supplied him with a zip containing old and new items dumped into a single current emu compatibile table....

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 07:12 AM
I have created a group on MSN groups called "Darkwaters" go there and download just my version of the Items.sql in zip format this file contains only the Merged version of MW_57DR2_alpha_1 and newdumpeditems the only difference is using the added items not from newdumpeditems means you are not getting the 30 fields of populated data related to the new table. It does make them available on you character and usable as far as their flagged data is concerned, again until the db is populated with all the items from a packetcollector point of view the merged data is not as accurate and will need to be replaced later.
*As Is and I'm not going to be responsible for it. I will however help whatever db team needs it if they'd like older db's merged with newer ones, that is DB Admin's could send me the DB's they wish merged I will do this to help the community.

http://groups.msn.com/Darkwaters

Darkwaters

sotonin
08-21-2004, 08:54 AM
if you want the most complete items table available just download my merged version of olddump and new dump.

http://www.peqserver.com

allitems.zip or whatnot. gotta register to download

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Sotonin,
It is what he asked but since I did not have that data I was showing him how to do it himself. I was using items as an example but I appreciate the offer for the allitems.zip.

I'd like to find NPC's that are actually spawned to the proper locations using NPC data from govtcheese4 or 5 I still end up with unpopulated zones (Gukta primarily a few others I do not recall atm) and most locations all spawned NPC's end up in a huge rugby pile in one location of the zone. If I had that fixed I'd be really happy.
Darkwaters

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 09:06 AM
If there is a location that says this is what we have and do not have in the most up to date db, I'd go out and work on what we do not have.
Darkwaters

EDIT: Sotonin is there a way to get as much data is available but not released I'll take a shot at comparing the databases and working with the Myra versus what is posted thusfar with MW_57DR2_alpha_1 plus added sql's. Hell I'll take anybody's idea at this point and put the effort to make it compatable with 57DR6 if someone would be kind enough to give me what they have and feel used to be fairly complete.
Darkwaters

Ace
08-21-2004, 10:50 AM
In reply to Sotonin, just to get remove all confusion, what I'm looking for is a database compatible with one of the most recent CVS releases that has boss mobs like CT, Xeg, PoFire bosses, Vex Thal, etc populated and working. I believe Myra's database has these things, but it's no longer updated. I plan to take the time to create this database (if it ends up that one doesn't exist).

sotonin
08-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Basically. the current release is admittedly far from complete. but that's all there is for now.

I know Ace exactly what you want, thats why i was confused as hell what darkwaters was doing with the items table for you.

We are working hard here to insure all future releases will be very complete, to the point of pullnig my hair out with collecting every night =p and recollecting bad collects.

I can't help at all with myra's it has not been updated for as long as ive been in the project. nobody makes databases anymore except for projecteq. Feel free to do it yourself manually. Although it would be in vain because we'd release our exact to live db's in time.

But when we get around to luclin. (about to start on kunark now. by start on i mean source in all the zones, we've got all through velious already collected with enough logs, and most of luclin and pop)

Our process is we source it in to our test server.. people play it for a while, we remove bad items from vendors, we tweak zones, recollect zones where needed, then fix faction. Then we release that as it is, and source in the next expansion. and so forth.

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 11:04 AM
I know Ace exactly what you want, thats why i was confused as hell what darkwaters was doing with the items table for you.

Lets put it this way Sotonin I was at least willing to help, not post several times then state hey btw I could just give it to you and then still not have the data he really requested so back off bro. Again I was only trying to show him how to try it out himself and yes showing him the process I did one time was help imo.
Darkwaters

Ace
08-21-2004, 11:05 AM
So the PEQ database is THE database official EQEMu works with then?

What I'm getting at, is when I do packet collecting, I am packet collecting for the PEQ team? Or am I doing it for the EQEMu team's database releases?

If I can send logs to more than one address, that would make progress optimal on all sides.

Ace
08-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Woah, Darkwaters. Sotonin wasn't being rude at all.

sotonin
08-21-2004, 11:09 AM
then state hey btw I could just give it to you

what the fuck are you talking about dude.... chill.

So the PEQ database is THE database official EQEMu works with then?

What I'm getting at, is when I do packet collecting, I am packet collecting for the PEQ team? Or am I doing it for the EQEMu team's database releases?

Nobody else releases databases anymore for the public. take that however you like.

Packetcollector : used for collecting items and opcodes for EQEMU developers to fix things.

EQCollector : used to collect zone logs for us to use.
http://www.peqserver.com/howto.php

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Sotonin um you need to chill bro, I never swore at ya or said WTF did you post I was stating my "opinion" of how I confused you. I know it could be read wrong but holy shit relax, I'm trying to do the same things the rest of you are not rip you a new asshole over an opinion.
I'm relaxed and didn't flame ya, but you are permitted to take it that way that then is your opinion.
Darkwaters
EDIT: I was only pointing out you should not of said I confused you when it really did state that I was only showing him HOW I DID IT (caps only so you see my point not yelling)

sotonin
08-21-2004, 11:16 AM
saying "back off bro" to somebody who wasn't even directing any sort of comment to you, is taken exactly as Ace posted. He saw it as lashing out before i even responded.

Now, this isn't going to turn into a flame-fest. got nothing against ya, and you're trying to help people. That's enough for me )

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Again I was only trying to show him how to try it out himself and yes showing him the process I did one time was help imo.
Darkwaters
I just want to show where in your heated response to me using my own quote I said just that I was only showing him how I did it and that there is no reason you should have been upset with me. =)
Darkwaters

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 11:18 AM
No I refuse to flame ya, hell I just want to help out for crying out loud. Sorry if it looked like a jab or stab.
Darkwaters