PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions about Server

molimo140
08-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Just got a couple questions about what you can / cannot do in EQEMU.

1] Can you lock races/classes so people cannot create characters of that race/class? If so, how?

2] Can you change the names of Races / Classes? If so, how?

3] How do you make an NPC a guildmaster?

Any answers would be appreciated.

xtestx
08-20-2004, 12:31 PM
1] Can you lock races/classes so people cannot create characters of that race/class? If so, how?

I havn't heard of anyone being able to lock any races or classes.

2] Can you change the names of Races / Classes? If so, how?

I am not sure how they did it exactly.. Jezebel on the Middle Earth server was able to change the name of class titles. Like change the name of a 65 Warrior from Overlord to Phatboy. I am not sure about the race names. We weren't able to find a way to change the race names or the names of the class when you are creating a character. But we could change the name of a level 1 ranger to a level 1 scout. It just wouldn't show up as a Scout when you are creating the character.

It was done in that .NET Studio stuff.. not sure what exactly he edited :/

3] How do you make an NPC a guildmaster?

That is easy... When you are spawning the npc just make it's class the # for the guildmaster class you want it to be. The list can be found at http://eqemulator.net/classes.php. I am not sure if it is updated or not.

If you do not know exactly how to work with the #spawn command heres the instructions I copied from one of my posts on the middleearth.myfreebb.com forum.

When you #spawn it asks for:

name, race, level, material, hp, gender, class, priweapon, secweapon, merchantid, and bodytype.

In that specific order.

When making the name, make sure if you make the name "Dr. Phil" since there is a space you NEED to have _ between each word. So this would be "Dr._Phil".

When making the race, just find the race ID and put it down. So far this would be (since Dr. Phil is a human)

#spawn Dr._Phil 1

Now the level, simple, put the level down. (the higher the level the harder they hit)

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10

Now we are on the material. When making a race that is neither woman or man the material MUST be "-" without the " " if you want the default race texture. If you need to changing the material will also change the texture of the race even if it isn't woman or man. When it IS a woman or man then just add the type of material you would like it to have. Changing the material changes the texture and color of his armor. I will use 22 because I want Dr. Phil to be in pretty shiny white armor

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22

Now we are on his hp... Simple... add his hp. Since I think Dr. Phil is a pansy I will give him 32hp.

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32

Now we are on gender. When the race is neither woman or man you must make the gender 2. If you don't it will spawn as a naked human man.

0 = Man
1 = Woman
2 = Neuter

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32 0 (0 because he is a human man)

Now for class. Changing the class will not affect how your npc looks at all. For class #'s go to http://eqemulator.net and look them up on the guide section or view the other sticky post on #race and #class lists. I will make Dr. Phil a warrior

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32 0 1

For priweapon and secweapon, these havn't been very friendly with me, but just put down the Item ID for the primary weapon first, and the Item ID for the secondary weapon second.

Spawning a npc with weapons already on them will NOT drop the weapon you gave them unless you hand it to them or "#npcloot add ItemID".

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32 0 1 11000 11000 (big soul devourers)

Now for merchant ID. You do not need to do this unless you made your class on your npc #41 (merchant). Changing the Merchant ID changes what set of items the merchants sell. Since I am not making Dr._Phil a merchant I will leave this "-"

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32 0 1 11000 11000 -

Now for bodytype, I havn't noticed this changing anything at all.. So you can leave this blank until I figure out what it actually does

Now since we aren't using bodytype and since Dr._Phil isn't a merchant you don't need to use the "-" at the end of his name since there is nothing coming after merchant ID.

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32 0 1 11000 11000 -

If he was a merchant you could use:

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 22 32 0 41 11000 11000 700

*NOTE* If you decide to not use one of these steps when making it (maybe material) YOU NEED TO ADD a "-"! If you don't and you skip to the next step the command will think whatever you add in after that is the thing you actually skipped! So if I skipped material and tried to make the hp 32 it would actually set everything back from hp and up down 1. It would look like this:

#spawn Dr._Phil 1 10 32 0 41 11000 11000 700

HP would be the material, gender would be the hp, class would be the gender, pri weapon would be the gender, sec weapon would be the pri weapon, and the merchant id would be the sec weapon. Which means... Your npc is totally screwed up.

I hope that helps a little bit :) if not, I'm sorry :(

molimo140
08-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Yes your answers are helpful, regarding the 3rd question, I'm an idiot for asking it.. Was just lazy this morning, didnt feel like letting eqadmin tool load so i can investigate, heh. I do recall something in the code for zone.exe containing the names of classes that showed up in a /who...but yea i think the normal classes are hardcoded to the eqgame.exe =(....i could...hack it open and change them :P...but nah that's illegal. Anyways, tks for your help.