PDA

View Full Version : world.exe

Numtin
08-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Ok, here's the scoop. I used to play and run a server on EQEmu about a year ago. I'm back now and lots of things have changed. I figured I'd go through the tutorials on setting up a server and everything would come back to me.....at least I thought.

I've followed several guides step by step and have sourced database, etc. Now I've run into a problem and I can't remember for the life of me where to find the world.exe file.

I have downloaded all the files and extracted them to the appropriate places (mysql\bin...eqemu folder, etc) but the world.exe file just isn't on my hard drive. All the others are there, just not that particular file.

I've already spent the last 5 hours or so searching through forums but haven't been able to come even close to an answer. If I remember correctly, it's zipped up in a file someplace along with some other files. Just not the ones I've downloaded (which btw are the latest ones available).

Can someone please point me in the general direction of where I might find this file? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!!

molimo140
08-20-2004, 07:06 PM
If you're using the OFFICIAL release files, stop searching for your .exe right now, as it is outdated and WILL NOT WORK. All releases these days are Dev releases, meaning you must know how to compile source as well as have a copy of VS.NET or other similar C++ compiler.

I can give you the newest compiled Files however, so PM me and we'll talk. Note: I do not support these files in any way, use them at your own risk.