PDA

View Full Version : Giving up (please anyone)

redstrike_98
08-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Lol think the subject says it all, Been working on it for 3 weeks now. Using different guides, different versions, and different patchs =(.

Please if anyone can direct me to a very "eqemu for dummies guide book for setting up your own server on your own machine for just running around in your own world" please let me get the link or e-mail me at alvintine@hotmail.com.

My first try I got the furthest I got to the server select screen but got 1017 error. All my other tries have been in vain. I posted for help and was told I had a patched version of eq that was too old (feb of this year) since then i've gotten a brand new patched version of eq. Has all the patchs as of yesterday 8-22-04. I still have my old patched version as well on my external hd.

If anyone can sorta hold my hand through everything i'd be most appreciated. My online time is pretty limited as I am currently deployed in Iraq, but I do have access everyday.

I'm willing to start from scratch and do everything that either a guide tells me to do or someone tells me to do. I just want mah eq to run =( I have 3-4 other friends who are also trying different things to get it running, but so far no luck. We eventually wanna have a lil lan game going on, but for the time being just myself with everything on my cpu.

Thanks if any help is received

ryder911
08-22-2004, 03:12 AM
you do no minilogin doesnt work, with the latest version of emu right?

Memener
08-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Minilogin is dead.... the last good verson of EQEMu it worked with was 5.5DR6

I have the 5.5DR2 exes with minilogin if you want to try them... But you must have the client (February 22, 2004)

also if you have patched to EQlive with in the last 2 months, you will have to wait for the next verson to come out before you can play on EQEMu again.

redstrike_98
08-23-2004, 01:58 AM
yeah let me try the 5.5 files. Can yas send them to alvintine@hotmail.com please?

molimo140
08-31-2004, 04:52 PM
You need compiled 5.7 files in order to host a server. They can be found HERE

Secondly: to set up a server

Step 0 :Download EQEmu5.7DR4-Compiled-Source Here :http://eqemu.chiroplus.ca/EQEMu-Compiled-07-25-04.zip

And unzip to c:\eqemu

Step 1: Download MySQL - http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.0/mysql-4.0.18-win.zip/from/pick#mirrors

and install it.

Step 2: Download the latest 5.7 compatible Database:

http://www.projecteq.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=8

and unzip it to c:\mysql\bin\

Step 3: Open your MySQL folder (c:\mysql\bin\)

run WinMySQLAdmin.exe, it will pop up a screen and ask you to pick a username and a password (dont make them too long or too short, and make sure you remember them) Hit ok and it will open a large screen, go ahead and close that.

In your mysql folder - run mysql.exe

type into mysql

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * TO username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

replace username with the Username you entered when you ran WinMySQLAdmin.exe and replace the password with the password you picked.

It should say:

Query OK, 1 Rows Affected, (0.0 Sec)

Now type

create database eq;

next

use eq;

then

source MW057_DR2_alpha_1.sql;

buncha stuff flies by.....

quit

Step 4: Open your EQEmu folder (c:\eqemu)

open DB.ini

It should look like this

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=username
password=password
database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

Replace username and password with the same username / password you used with MySQL.

Open Loginserver.ini

Should look somewhat like this:

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We recommend using the eqemulator.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: You can NOT use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automatically.

# READ README.TXT
[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginport=5997
worldname=ServerName
worldaddress=ExternalIPAddress
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

Replace ServerName with whatever you want your server to be called (DO NOT INCLUDE THE WORD SERVER IN THE NAME) it is added automatically.

Replace External IP Address with your External IP address. this can be found at www.whatismyip.com

Finally, open boot5zones.bat

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . ExternalIPAddress 7995 InternalIPAddress
start zone . ExternalIPAddress 7996 InternalIPAddress
start zone . ExternalIPAddress 7997 InternalIPAddress
start zone . ExternalIPAddress 7998 InternalIPAddress
start zone . ExternalIPAddress 7999 InternalIPAddress
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

Replace all ExternalIPAddress with your external ip address and all InternalIPAddress with your Internal IP address

to find your internal ip address:

STart -> Run -> type cmd -> hit enter -> when command prompt opens, type ipconfig -> you'll see some stuff come up,

IP Address:......................192.168.x.x <--- that's your internal ip address!

NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR SERVER PUBLIC(Other people can play on it) Follow the above instructions for your boot5zones.bat file. IF YOU WISH TO MAKE YOUR SERVER OPEN TO YOU ONLY, replace ALL ip addresses in boot5zones.bat (external and interntal) with localhost, and in Loginserver.ini, make Worldaddress=localhost

Step 5: Eqhost.txt

Finally, change your eqhost.txt in your everquest folder to look like this:

[Loginserver]
eqemulator.net:5997

Now run world.exe and boot5zones.bat...and you're good to go:

Notes: If you are making a public server, and are behind a router, you may need to follow This Guide: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16747

That about does it, have fun. I wrote this late at night so if you have any problems with what i wrote..lemme know.

ONE FINAL NOTE: If you patched since July 16,2004 YOU CANNOT PLAY ON EQEMU PERIOD. Until the new loginserver for 5.8DR-1 is tested. There is a way to play EQEmu if you HAVE patched, however you need a special patcher file created by players. I cannot give you a link as it is warez and illegal. However search the forums and you *might* find something.

Cisyouc
08-31-2004, 05:01 PM
The above post is incorrect, sourcing JUST the MW database will not work with 5.7-DR6.

sotonin
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
and it was in vain as well. considering he already said he patched to live eq. he'll have to wait til 5.8