PDA

View Full Version : Wildcards in loginserver.ini and boot5zones.bat

cloud2276
08-28-2004, 04:12 AM
Greetings, I have a non-static IP and everytime I reconnect to the internet(on dialup) my IP changes. I don't mind manually looking it up to change it in these files, but, if there is some sort of wildcard I can place in the IP address (EX: 123.456.XXX.XXX) where you would replace the XXX with the wildcard characters.. Any response would be appreciated.

Cisyouc
08-28-2004, 04:14 AM
Get a domain from No-IP (http://www.no-ip.com) and use their application which automatically (or manually) updates your IP. And then in the loginserver.ini change your external world IP to the no-ip address.

But...56k isnt really a good for a server...

cloud2276
08-28-2004, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a shot. Right now I'm just using the server for personal use, and it works great. Now if I can manage to get perl working, I can start working on some quests =)

Thanks

samandhi
08-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a shot. Right now I'm just using the server for personal use, and it works great. Now if I can manage to get perl working, I can start working on some quests =)

Thanks

If you are just using this for personal use, you dont need to put in your IP address, you should be able to see it using localhost or 127.0.0 (as long as your client and server are on the same pc)... Also, if you are having trouble compiling perl to work try this (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12827&sid=535d68f6334c19669a511bac 7615b27d) guide.... This is assuming you have Perl installed already, if not do a simple search on this board for Perl+install..... Hope this helps. Also there is a thread somewhere here that contains a link to most of the basic quests, that you can download and simply put in a folder inside the emu that will give you the BASIC quests and a few not-so-basic....

Good luck..

cloud2276
08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
I did find the perl enabled eqemu, and got it installed, not going to keep this long, as this isn't a quest support forum, Started the beastlord epic(my favorite class =)) Just having a few NPC database issues to work on, anyways, about the IP issue, I thought the only way to connect to a local server(since minilogin is broke) is through the eqemu.net loginserver? If there is another way, and if that works, it would save me the hassle of constantly looking up my ip/edit my ini.
Anyways, thanks for the replies.

Cisyouc
08-30-2004, 02:11 PM
I did find the perl enabled eqemu, and got it installed, not going to keep this long, as this isn't a quest support forum, Started the beastlord epic(my favorite class =)) Just having a few NPC database issues to work on, anyways, about the IP issue, I thought the only way to connect to a local server(since minilogin is broke) is through the eqemu.net loginserver? If there is another way, and if that works, it would save me the hassle of constantly looking up my ip/edit my ini.
Anyways, thanks for the replies.It is, but if you change the world IP addresses in loginserver.ini and boot5zones.bat to localhost after you login you can disconnect from the internet and still be on your server.

samandhi
08-31-2004, 09:27 AM
This will allow you to play on your server, but the disadvantage of putting in 127.0.0.1 or localhost, is that you will be the only one to be able to see your server.... It will NOT show up in the list of other servers for other people... Again, this is all provided that you are running the client AND the server from the same machine.....