PDA

View Full Version : Zone crashes

chanceibmny
08-31-2004, 10:29 PM
So far I've only seen this on one server. While playing Legends of the Damned, everytime I zone, weither running across zone line, gate, port, or death, I crash to login screen. Adam said I'm maybe 1 of 4 that have this problem on his server and I've never had this problem so much on any other server. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help out. A very annoying problem.

Thanks,

Nerakas al`Dragnor
Tovya Der`Dieb

ajb20
09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Let me know if its still happening. With all our zones being static boots though its not a matter of the zone not booting up for you because they are already booted and you can't access zones not booted so I don't see that being a problem. But now that we have switched PC's running the server let me know how it goes.

Kroeg
09-27-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm having this exact same problem on 0.5.7 dr6.. I can login and play in the start zone just fine, but zoning ANYWHERE whether it be by port, #zone command, or crossing the zoneline.. I crash to the login screen then can't log back in, because my character is in that zone according to the db.

Please let me know if you guys find out a way to fix this..

sotonin
09-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Try updating to directx9c. this solved the issue for me today

Kroeg
09-27-2004, 12:59 PM
EDIT: I guess this is a widespread problem, so I'll just wait for a newer server release. Only read the below text to confirm you're perhaps having the same problem. This problem is with EQEmu 0.5.7 DR6, using the MWDB 057DR2 Alpha 1.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just updated to Directx 9.0c, and did a fresh reboot. Restarted my eqemu server and continue to have the persistent zone crashing problem. To test it, I was in misty and typed #zone rivervale .. and my client goes to act like it's connecting to that zone, but what ends up happening is that it spits me back out to the login screen. When I try to log back in, it says "That zone is unavailable". I can manually switch my character's current level in my db, but I only get to login to one zone, then immediately crash back to login if I try to zone in any fashion.

Zone.exe output, upon trying to zone into rivervale:
----------------------------------------------------

[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] 165 commands loaded
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: 192.168.0.1:9000
Map: ./Maps/rivervale.map loaded.
[Status] Weather should change in 578 seconds
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses
Zonepoints loaded into memory
, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 19; Time Offset = 0
Couldn't find/read ./cfg/rivervale.cfg. (returning -1)
Couldn't find/read ./cfg/rivervale.cfg. (returning -1)
Corrupt (or nonexistant) zhdr file ./cfg/rivervale.cfg -- fread count = -1 (shou
ld be 588)
Using default zone header data...
[Status] Loading Objects from DB...
[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loading doors for rivervale ...
[Status] Done loading doors for rivervale ...
[Status] Zone Bootup: rivervale (19)
192.168.0.1:9000: TCPConnection::RecvData(): Error: 10053
[Status] Zone Shutdown: rivervale (19)
Connected to worldserver: 192.168.0.1:9000

***notice the lack of zhdr files, might this be causing this? I used to have these files when I played a while
back, but don't recall where I got them.

Then, in world.exe right when this happens:
-------------------------------------------

Attempting autobootup of rivervale (19) for Hellion
Zoneserver SetZone: mnj2.attbi.com:8786 (0) <----- the External ip is for NAT reasons.
Zoneserver SetZone: mnj2.attbi.com:8786 (0)
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:192.168.0.3 port:1060
192.168.0.1:3953: TCPConnection::RecvData(): Connection timeout
R192.168.0.emo1:3960: TCPConnection::RecvData(): Connection timeout
ving zoneserver from ip:192.168.0.1 port:3953 (mnj2.attbi.com:8790)
Hold Zones mode is ON - rebooting lost zone
Removing zoneserver from ip:0.0.0.0 port:0 (mnj2.attbi.com:8782)
Hold Zones mode is ON - rebooting lost zone
816922 New TCP connection: 192.168.0.1:3967 <----- This is where 2 new identical zone servers start up,
816922 New TCP connection: 192.168.0.1:3968 causing duplicate zones using the same ports.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm using MW 057DR2 Alpha 1 DB, running EQEmu 0.5.7 DR6. I've also done the following, according to the Project EQ website:

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `AC` smallint(5) not null default 0;
ALTER TABLE items ADD unknown008 INT(11) DEFAULT "0" NOT NULL;

and as directed by the same website, I also visited the following link:

http://projecteq.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=35#35

And I downloaded and installed the updated zone table.

* I can login to Scorpius2K's server and play as long as I want without problems. Zoning isn't a problem either, which tells me it's only on my side.

If I left anything out, let me know.