PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Help

sgaske24
09-05-2004, 02:40 AM
Greetings,

I have searched for hours looking for information on how to set up a server that runs behind a firewall, and the only link I could find is one that points to a page of threads but doesn't show anything about how to use a firewall while running a server. I tried search as well, and got zip, so I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out on this.

Specifically what I am trying to do is have ZoneAlarm Pro running for the firewall. Do I need to set it up so that it allows the zone.exe ports? (I'm using 7995-8009, 15 zone servers) - I have tried granting zone.exe and world.exe server rights but it doesn't work, people can't log in. So if anyone has experience with running ZoneAlarm Pro and can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it. I'm not comfortable running with no firewall and since I plan on having my server up constantly it's been eating at me. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Respectfully,
Kane the Creator
ServerOP, Age of Eternity

molimo140
09-05-2004, 05:23 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16747

Read my post about operating behind a router, that should do it.

sotonin
09-06-2004, 03:46 AM
first of all do you have a router ?

because if you set everything up properly in zonealarm. but didnt do jack with your router that's the problem

sgaske24
09-07-2004, 03:32 AM
No I'm not using a router. I only want to know how to set up ZoneAlarm to work with my server. There are lots of options with ports and such and I'm a bit lost on what I should have open and what I shouldn't. If anyone has a server up while ZoneAlarm is also running please let me know how you did it so I can apply it. Thanks.

sgaske24

sotonin
09-07-2004, 03:38 AM
So your computer is connected directly to your DSL / Cable modem. No router whatso-ever?

Then ya.. that's a bit odd. perhaps the settings arent correct, have you tried zonealarms documentation that came with your software?

sgaske24
09-11-2004, 08:35 AM
EDIT: Problem fixed, disregard

Zenrix