PDA

View Full Version : Another Question about that horrible item vanishing bug.

jimbox114
09-09-2004, 04:09 AM
I talked to scorp2k abit and was basically told it was because of the section ITEMCOMBINED in the zone source. If that bad code is not enabled when it is compiled the bug will not be there.

However, I have no clue what needs to be removed in order to disable this section. All I know is I can find the section about ITEMCOMBINED in client_process.cpp in the zone directory. Do I just need to delete the whole section about itemcombined, or is it used for other stuff as well?

It really surprised me more people have not asked about how to fix this bug, it just about makes a server not worth playing on.

jimbox114
09-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Does nobody know how to fix this? If nothing does anybody have a source that does not have this problem? We have even taken the most recent (7-31-04) cvs and compiled it ourselves and it still has not changed this bug.

Cisyouc
09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Does nobody know how to fix this? If nothing does anybody have a source that does not have this problem? We have even taken the most recent (7-31-04) cvs and compiled it ourselves and it still has not changed this bug.Um. If it need be disabled, comment it out.

jimbox114
09-10-2004, 05:44 PM
That is what I am asking about, what needs taken out? Tried taking the entire section out and it won't compile. It seems some of it is required for other functions. Surely there must be a source somewhere that doesn't have this in it?

Cisyouc
09-11-2004, 03:19 AM
the most recent (7-31-04) cvs
Thats not the most recent CVS.