PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question.

newbified
09-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi there everyone. This is my first post on these forums...and I'm mainly posting since I ran into a problem while trying to setup a server of my own. Basically I followed Jezebell's setup guide (HOWTO: Setup an EQEmu server as of 06/01/2004P), and I can get the World.exe to load up just fine. However when I run the boot5zones.bat, it loads all 5 server windows, then closes. I've tried doing different things with it to see the problem, but so far the only error I've seen is a line that says Loading npcs FAILED!

How would I fix this problem? I tried searching the forums..but subsequently recieved about 124 pages of results =\. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cisyouc
09-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Thats an outdated guide. May I suggest playing on a different server? You dont need to run a server to just play, look at the play guide sticky in EQEMu forum.

samandhi
09-12-2004, 08:19 AM
but so far the only error I've seen is a line that says Loading npcs FAILED! This IS your problem.... This generally means that you have an incompatible DB with the version of the server that you are trying to run... Try getting a DB that is closer in date to the server date (should show in the changelog.txt file)....