PDA

View Full Version : Error 1017, please help

Monstret
09-12-2004, 07:44 AM
hi i keep getting Error 1017, i know that i have to turn of the windows firewall but it still doesent work i've tried to turn of my other firewall as well

Cisyouc
09-12-2004, 07:49 AM
If you are using a client patched to live make sure your eqhost is set to eqemulator.net:5996

Monstret
09-12-2004, 08:11 AM
yes my eqhost displays that,

samandhi
09-12-2004, 08:17 AM
1017 either means you are NOT patched to a version compatible with the latest login server, your password for your account is TOO short, or you are having some sort of NAT issue (this can also include firewalls)...

In some cases with some firewalls, turning them off does NOT open the port... I used to work for an ISP as tech support and found that in some cases one had to specifically open certain ports that needed to be used. Simply turning off the firewall program did NOT open the port for traffic....

If you are using a router, make sure that ITS firewall software (read built-in firewall) is NOT the culprit, as it can be in some cases...

Malignus Wingnut
09-12-2004, 01:11 PM
If you are trying to HOST and are operating behind a Router, read this post:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16747

If you are trying to PLAY..I'm sorry i really dont have much advice with this, As the main reason why i have gotten 1017 trying to play was that i was trying to:

a) play on a server running an OLDER version of EQEmu than i had patched to.
b) play on a server running a NEWER version of EQEmu than i had patched to.

If you're trying to play on a 5.8 server, make sure you're patched to live. If you're patched to live, You CANNOT play on 5.7 servers. Anyways, thats my 2cp.

Monstret
09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
ok how do i open a port, and witch port do i have to open for eqemu, i've been on lan this weekend, and before i went to that everything worked, but now when i got back it didn't,

samandhi
09-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Ok, but the question still remains, are you hosting your own server, or just trying to play??????

Monstret
09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
i am trying to play, not to host...