PDA

View Full Version : Local server setup

lostemu
09-24-2004, 04:26 AM
Lets say I just want to play on the server by myself, I dont want to host it for anyone else. Will the following LoginServer.ini work?

##########################################
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemulator.net
#loginserver2=eqemulator.net
loginport=5997
#loginport2=5996
worldname=Who Cares I dont
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start ZoneDebug.exe . localhost 7995 localhost
start ZoneDebug.exe . localhost 7996 localhost
start ZoneDebug.exe . localhost 7997 localhost
start ZoneDebug.exe . localhost 7998 localhost
start ZoneDebug.exe . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=
#########################################

I have the database created, when I try to run world.exe (the precompiled one) It throws an error when loading LoginServer.ini. I am assuming I ahve somthing messed up inside this.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys and gals

LE

Gangrif
09-24-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm no expert, but i think if you wanted it to run completely locally, you'd need your own loginserver as well. I dont know how its progressed, but some people used to use Minilogin for this. I dont know if that's still around though.

Your loginserver.ini points to eqlogin1.eqemulator.net, which if im not mistaken was changed to newlogin1.eqemulator.net (i could be mistaken) but still thats public, not local.

BigJigg
09-24-2004, 06:26 AM
I would just host it like the walkthroughs tell you.
Adjust account level.
Lock the server and your set.

monalin crusader
09-24-2004, 08:14 AM
You'd have to tel us what version you were running, unless you want to spend some time working wiht minilogin i suggest you run normaly like other servers and just set the locked variable in your loginserver.ini file to "true" and then your set. I know not if the Port and URL of the server your connecting to is right its different for almost every version.

Doodman
09-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Depending on the version of the server you are running, you are going to need to adjust what you list for a loginport for the loggin server.

5997 is for servers based on older code (i.e. Winter's Roar)
5995 is for 5.7DR6 generation servers
5994 is for 5.8+ generation servers

Beyond that, yes that should work just fine.