PDA

View Full Version : Desperation

mrea
09-29-2004, 08:33 AM
I have tried everything. No matter what I do I am unable to connect to my own server. No MySQL problems and no World or Zone problems. I have this problem if I host it on this computer or on another one on the network. I am really getting annoyed, but I would still love to do this. I know this gets annoying to the moderators or just people who try to help, but honestly I cannot find the solution.

*EDIT* Others can connect to the server, just so you know, not that port forwarding affects local connections.

manglervirus
09-29-2004, 09:04 AM
ok what is it doinig all your doing is whyinig about the problem and not telling us any thing like are you using mini login or it crashes
caractor selection screen or your gettieng an error when loging in
we need to see the login.cs and the db.cs ok after that ill try to help you until the include these in your posts

mrea
09-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Alright, well, I am not using minilogin. It sounds like your typical 1017, and thats what it tells me. But all of the solutions people tell me do not work. I even tried the dns trick by using a sub of my domain. Lately my eq has been crapping out when I try to login to my server, freezing at a black screen between loading the ... loading screen and leaving server selection. Previously the world.exe would display Bad/User session key and then a neg. number. Now, world.exe doesn't display anything (it would be pointless to post).

Anyway, nowadays I'm running 5.7 DR6 because it seems more stable than 5.8 and below I'll post my loginserver.ini

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We recommend using the eqemulator.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: You can NOT use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automatically.

# READ README.TXT
[LoginServer]
loginserver=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginserver2=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginserver3=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5994
loginport2=5994
loginport3=5994
worldname=Teluvyens Test
worldaddress=eqemu.vision-core.com
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

[ChatChannelServer]
server=localhost

manglervirus
09-29-2004, 09:26 AM
have yo tried using this eqhost

login1.eqemulator.net:5995 OR login2.eqemulator.net:5995

if so im out of ideas sorry

Derision
09-29-2004, 09:44 AM
So, in your C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file, on the PC on which your are running the EQ client, do you have:

192.168.1.100 eqemu.vision-core.com

Replacing 192.168.1.100 with whatever the internal IP address of your server is ?

mrea
09-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes i do