PDA

View Full Version : No problems with eqemu , however...........

Darkened
09-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi , just found out about eqemu recently (just started playing EQ actually) and being a veteran in the server emu scene i decided to try out setting up the emulator.

I had absolutely NO problems whatsoever in setting up EQEmu , it went off without a hitch and i have everything running properly.

However (and heres my problem) , when i load EQ with EQW and go the connect screen - i input my information and then try to connect , it says "establishing a connection with loginserver" and then after about 5 seconds it crashes and hangs there.

I am fairly certain that i have my eqhost.txt setup correctly as well , here is my file for reference:

Registration Servers]
{
"newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994"
}
[Login Servers]
{
}

Can't see anything i could have done wrong , i am experienced with MySQL and had no problems adding my tables to my eq db.
My world.exe and boot5zones.bat both start properly and without errors. I'm very puzzled , any help is appreciated and i haven't patched my client at all (just did a fresh install earlier in the day when i found out about the emulator).

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a solution ,
and glad to be a part of this emu community :D

mattmeck
09-29-2004, 04:58 PM
looking at your join date, you have an incompadable client.

Darkened
09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
how can i tell what version my client is ?

Malignus Wingnut
09-29-2004, 05:03 PM
The last time you patched.

and being a veteran in the server emu scene

You sure are very knowledgable for a "Veteran"

Darkened
09-29-2004, 05:07 PM
The last time you patched.

and being a veteran in the server emu scene

You sure are very knowledgable for a "Veteran"

lol , read closer , i clearly said i haven't patched at all in my post. and being smart really isn't very helpful , as for the Veteran bit - come to irc anytime for DOL , AOEmu , PythonDev and any applicable channels on quakenet and shadowfire - i'm sure there's about 30 guys that'll explain to you the error of your impression.

Malignus Wingnut
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
i'm sure there's about 30 guys that'll explain to you the error of your impression

I prefer not to waste my time persuing useless endeavors. And in regards to your response, you asked how to tell the version of your client, my response being the last time you patched. There arent specific "Versions" of the Everquest client like there are for EQEmu. I find it highly unlikely that you have not patched once ever. If that is the case, that client is way outdated and is guaranteed not to work.

Darkened
09-29-2004, 05:20 PM
the client is not an old version , it is the trilogy that sony distributes now for download , so i assure you it is indeed new.

Malignus Wingnut
09-29-2004, 05:23 PM
The program they give to you for trilogy download Is the exact same version as the one that comes on the Trilogy CDs. This client is somewhere around 2 years old and is thus, incompatible.

Right click on eqgame.exe, hit properties, it will have several dates. Have a look at the created date.

mattmeck
09-29-2004, 05:53 PM
you need to patch to play, but were not current with the live patch right now.

No there is no way to play on an unpatched install.

No there is no way to only patch to a certain point.

Yes there is ways around this but we cant talk about them cause there against the law.

No there is no ETA for when we will be current with live again.

Live = SOE, where you pay to play FYI

Darkened
09-29-2004, 06:19 PM
yeh , i know what live is lol

but you'll be happy to know i got it working by patching my client to the live and then reverting it to 59 and it works fine now.

:D

support................i think not