PDA

View Full Version : Perl FIXED in 5.9!!!

ajb20
09-29-2004, 11:19 PM
After tinkering, I cam to the realization that 5.9 does not add any new Perl functions that weren't added in the 7/31 release of 5.7 DR6, so if you simply replace the following in 5.9 with the proper files from the 7/31 5.7 DR6 source, you can have full Perl functionality!

parser.cpp
parser.h
embparser.cpp
embparser.h
embperl.cpp
embperl.h
embxs.cpp
embxs.h

For those of you who do not have the 5.7 files still, I will post a small patcher on my website with the ones listed, just replace, compile, and enjoy Perl!

sotonin
09-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Perl is fixed in 5.8-WR as well. when it gets merged into cvs. without using this *hack. :lol:

ajb20
09-30-2004, 02:41 AM
--Post Removed by ajb20-- :P

sotonin
09-30-2004, 02:53 AM
do without the new commands added in 5.9

taking away features = hack imo :shock:

regardless, it's a nice temporary fix. But FNW got itemcount to work fine in his fixes. We had the same issue to start out with that was in 5.8 if you hand in an item to a npc theres a good chance youll go instant disconnect. :!:

Magoth78
09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Hey ajb20, I've compiled the latest cvs sources with the 0.5.7 perl files that you said. The compilation is ok but when I launch the boot5zones, all the zones reboot then crashes. Did u have this problem also ?

Sotonin: any chance that the FNM fixes go in the cvs sources soon? :)

sotonin
09-30-2004, 08:07 AM
I hope sooner than later )

They are awesome. we're still finding and fixing bugs though. You can help out by logging on PEQ the grand creation and reporting bugs you find in the forums.

http://www.peqserver.com/forums

cavedude
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Magoth78: That sounds like you don't have perl installed. If you do, run boot5zones from a command prompt and see what error it gives you.

ajb20
09-30-2004, 06:27 PM
--Post Removed by ajb20--

My apologies, I was having a bad day that day and overreacted a little bit. Enjoy my temp fix guys and I'll keep doing what I can to help!

Darkened
09-30-2004, 07:03 PM
ajb20 , check your private messages :)

daeken_bb
09-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Well this is gonna be the last post I ever make on the boards. You people complain too much. I'm just wondering, how exactly do you hack something that is open source? /ponder... maybe you guys should look and see what hacking means again or something...

Hacking is any sufficiently skilled programming, cracking is breaking into systems. Please, don't perpetuate the media's flawed definition of hacking.

I'm a hacker and proud of it.

sotonin
10-01-2004, 01:40 AM
it's a nice temporary fix.

I don't see why ur getting all pissy. I said this was a nice fix for people until the WR comes out. But a "hack" in general eqemu terms is a quicky shortcut code fix that solves a problem but leaves out desired functionality. You fixed the perl, but did it by using previous files, leaving out some new features. Nothing wrong with that. people will use it for now.

ajb20
10-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Just don't call it a hack. This is not what the word means. I was very offended by what you posted, it was uncalled for completely, especially since you seemed to highlight the word "hack" in your post when you did it.

without using this *hack.

Maybe thats not what you meant, but that was totally not the way to say what you meant and I have actually had a few pm's about people who said it was uncalled for too so maybe just watch how you say things.

sotonin
10-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Sorry i didnt mean to offend you. thats just how things like that are referred to on emu. if it's not a proper coding job that fixes the problem its generally called a hack, dont take offense a LOT of the emu code is a bunch of *hacks. hehe =\

I explained why in my last post. nothing against you. its a good thing you found a *work-around by using old files. until the official cvs is updated. Good work i don't want you to stop doing this. =)

phasepuma
10-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Like Magoth78, I am also getting the zone.exe crash but only with the perl enabled version.

ajb20
10-02-2004, 12:30 PM
If you run zone.exe from a command prompt, you can always learn the error that way instead of it just flashing on the screen. Try it and post what error you are getting.

phasepuma
10-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks agb20, I found this..

Error in GetAASkillVars 'SELECT cost, max_level, hotkey_sid, hotkey_sid2, title_
sid, desc_sid, type, prereq_skill, prereq_minpoints, spell_type, spell_refresh,
classes, berserker,spellid FROM altadv_vars WHERE skill_id=0' #1054: Unknown col
umn 'hotkey_sid' in 'field list'

phasepuma
10-02-2004, 07:39 PM
agb20 thanks for your input it helped me solve the problem. :D

ajb20
10-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Upon the release of 5.9 DR2, i was hoping it would be fixed, but since it wasn't, I'm shipping out my compiled version again. This still included level 70 cap, support for 66+ pets and the removal of the EqEmu shopekeeper and banker names. Just go ahead on over to my site and you'll find the 5.9 DR1 and DR2 both sitting there awaiting you! I will put the source up for those of you who wish to put the max level back to 65, but I am leaving it 70 on my compiled version.