PDA

View Full Version : Weird Error when Logging in (Zone.exe Problem?)

AsmoTiC
10-03-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm having trouble entering the world. Wanted to see if someone could help me find the problem. Basically, I create a character, everything works fine 'till I try to enter the world. Thinks for a second, then gives me a Zone Unavailable message. Watching the server, once of the zone.exe instances closes. No errors, just closes.

Here is what Wold.exe reports to me:

Normal boot, normal 5 messages about Zoneservers connecting, then, here's everything while i'm trying to log in.
186953 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 2959
Account Attempting to be created:<Account Name> 0
Logged in: FirstLogin LS#59362: <Account Name>
Name approval request for:Flindell race:12 class:12
Character creation request from <Account Name> LS#59362 (127.0.0.1:2959) :
<<insert bunch of character creation stuff>>
Validating char creation info...
Found 0 errors in character creation request
No start_zones entry in database, using defaults
Current location: akanon -35.00, 47.00, 4.00
Bind location: steamfont 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Character creation successful: Flindell
<<insert binary stuff>>
Attempting autobootup of akanon (55) for Flindell
Received unknown opcode: 0x02eb size:0 bytes
Received unknown opcode: 0x00ee size:0 bytes
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:127.0.0.1 port:2959
Removing zoneserver from ip:0.0.0.0 port:0 (my external up)

thats it. Any help?

mrea
10-03-2004, 10:30 AM
I just had this exact same problem. Give me the output of one of your zone servers (run it in a command prompt) and if it has something to do with AA's I have a solution.

AsmoTiC
10-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Alright, Zone.exe says this:

Normal boot up to Connected to worldserver then....
Map ./Maps/akanon.map not found.
[Status] Weather should change in 11860 seconds
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses
Zonepoints loaded into memory
, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 55; Time Offset = 0
Successfully loaded Zone Config.
[Status] Loading Objects from DB...
[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loadking doors from akanon ...
[Statu] Done loading doors for akanon ...
Error in GetAASkillVars 'SELECT cost, max_level, hotkey_sid, hotkey_sid2, title_sid, desc_sid, type, prereq_skill, prereq_minpoints, spell_type, spell_refresh, classes, berserker, spellid FROM altadv_vars WHERE skill_id=0' #1054: Unknown column 'hotkey_sid' in 'field list'

That's what i've got. So your right, looks like an AA problem. What did you come up with to fix/get around it?

Malignus Wingnut
10-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Go to the CVS site...download the Alt_adv_vars.sql file from the sql files section and source it to your database.

mrea
10-03-2004, 11:18 AM
You will also need the aa_levels table if you have the same problem as I did. http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/#dirlist is the CVS Repository

AsmoTiC
10-03-2004, 11:19 AM
okay, after sourcing that SQL into the database, my error shortened, but is still crashing. Heres what it's saying now.

Good to [Status] Done loading doors for akanon ...
Error in GetTotalAALevels 'SELECT count(ability) from aa_levels where aa_id=2' #1146: Table 'eq.aa_levels' doesn't exist

So for what it's worth, to help with troubleshooting. I'm using the PEQ database and now including the "altadv_vars.sql"

Though maybe I needed to download and source aa_levels.sql, but that didn't work. Mysql didn't want to load it into the database, just gave about 5 errors (give or take).

Thanks alot guys

mrea
10-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Get the aa_levels.sql also and that will fix it

AsmoTiC
10-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Alright, got a bit further. If nobody minds, i'd like to keep working at it. Appreciate the help to say the least. Here is where the zone got this time.

Boot was good through loading doors, here are the last couple lines right before the error:

[Status] Done loading doors for akanon ...
[Status] Zone Bootup: akanon (55)
[Status] 52906 New client from ip:127.0.0.1 port:4726
Unknown opcode: 0x01e5 size:8 Client:Flindell
0: 0A 00 00 00 5A C9 FD B3
(at this point client locked up, Not Responding in Windows)
Client linkdead: Flindell
Dropped client: Process=falst, ip=127.0.0.1, port=4726
[Status] Zone Shutdown: akanon (55)
(at this point zone is back to sleeping, no crash)

Any thoughts?

srarcade
10-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Im having this same exact problem.

Arcane
10-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm getting the same error; I've got the Classic DB with Adv*.sql, aa_timers.sql and aa_levels.

In addition to that I'm getting some warnings about some commands defaulting to level 0, and one by one my zones disappear, I started 6 to see what would happen, about 10 minutes later there are only two left open, the others have closed and disappeared.

From the other end, while trying to log in to my server, I get "that zone is unavailable."

govtcheeze
10-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Changelog also mentions sourcing in zonecfg.sql:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/zonecfg.sql?rev=1.1&view=auto

I had the same problem, this fixed it.

Arcane
10-05-2004, 12:47 PM
This is the way I set my server up.

I got the 5.9 DR2 winbloze setup
I got the 5.8 Classic DB
I got the aa_levels.sql DB
I got the aa_timers.sql DB
I got the altadv_vars.sql DB

I created using a guide in the forums that I can't find again, an account for EQEmu to access SQL

I granted rights to that account using the "root" account for MySQL, if your "root" has a password like mine does, you will need to use the -u for user, and the -p for password like this

examples: mysql -u root -p

once you do that it will ask you for the password.

change to your EQ database
end examples:

I sourced in the Classic DB
I sourced in the levels, timers and altadv DBs in that order

I changed all the addresses in the boot5zones.bat to my local LAN IP, both for server and world address

It works, basically a down and dirty.

To log in to this you need to ensure you have your EQ patched all the way up, then find the backwards patch to access 5.8 or 5.9 servers and you are in there like a butt hair.

Arcane
10-05-2004, 12:50 PM
One small note

I have a Linksys Router, I have firewalls disabled in WinXP, I have all the port ranges specifically forwarded to my server, this may help also with some connection issues. I have found on many occasions that even with the server DMZed, I still have to forward the ports to the server.

Arcane
10-05-2004, 04:22 PM
And of course Govtcheese is right; I forgot about the zonecfg.sql, it is mandatory.

srarcade
10-05-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm still getting an 'Unknown opcode address' error on world.exe whenever I try to log into a zone.

Dropped my db, resourced it with all the files mentioned above, dont get any more db errors. I've both downloaded and compiled my own versions of world/zone/EMuSharemem. I've patched to live...im stumped.

FIXED: Was not aware there was a patcher for DR2! Works with patcher. Thought it had to be a file incomparison of some sort.