PDA

View Full Version : hosting prob.

krash
10-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Well. first let me begin by saying great job guys. I've been following the project for quite a while, although with a user name long forgotten, and have a question. I have searched for this answer, but have yet to come across an answer in the 60 to 70 posts I've read. I can connect to a server (5.9-DR2) easily, and I can create my own server easily... Yet I cannot join my own server, nor can I join any other server while hosting my own. I get the ever wonderfull 1017 that everyone loves. If I have missed a post that discusses this, then I am sorry and would appreciate the link.
Here is my LoginServer.ini, Boot5zones.bat, and DB.ini

(LOGINSERVER)

[LoginServer]
loginserver=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5994
worldname=Krash's Exploration
#current IP address
worldaddress=4.152.57.xxx #yes, I put numbers here!
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

(BOOT5ONES.BAT) 'just the good parts

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 4.152.57.xxx 7995 4.152.57.xxx
start zone . 4.152.57.xxx 7996 4.152.57.xxx
start zone . 4.152.57.xxx 7997 4.152.57.xxx
start zone . 4.152.57.xxx 7998 4.152.57.xxx
start zone . 4.152.57.xxx 7999 4.152.57.xxx
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or

zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

(DB.INI)
[Database]
host=localhost
user=myuser
password=mypass
database=eq
compression=off

I realize that this is probably a simple oversight on my part, but any help is appreciated...

I am on Win2K with no firewall.
I've tried using localhost for everything, but that did nothing more than ususal...

Thaks,
Krash

mattmeck
10-05-2004, 12:45 PM
sounds like a NAT issue, see the nat tutorial.

krash
10-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I am not using cable, LAN, firewall, a router, a hub, NAT, etc. Just plain old crapy dial-up. Would this still apply to me?

mattmeck
10-06-2004, 09:12 AM
using winXP with its crappy firewall perhaps?

Could also be your ISP dont allow hosting, could be your trying to use a version your not patched to, could be a DB error ect.

Post the output from world and your zones.

krash
10-06-2004, 09:21 AM
using Win 2k - no firewall, could be ISP - but why would they block packets coming or being sent to ports on any machine. Everything works fine when I connect to other 5.9-DR2 servers. If my world server is running, I can't connect to anyones server - even my own. I think I'll throw up a sniffer to check if I even recieve packets from myself... Wish I had thought of that before. Thanks...

Arcane
10-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Might be some port confusion going on inside your computer if you are running the server, and the client on the same machine.

krash
10-06-2004, 10:43 AM
so far, what I can tell from the traffic, all loginserver stuff works fine as expected. But I never get a connection attempt from me to ... well, me. It's as if the login server never directs the client to my world server. I need to look at this a little more. Appreciate all the help, thanks. And it seems like the LS is down again... I'll try later.

AsmoTiC
10-07-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm having the same problem as Krash. I've got all the appropriate ports open/forwarded on my router, and i've setup the servers configuration with the NAT guide.

Sitting at the machine running the server I can connect, everything works great. Once i'm on the otherside of the router I get the ever wonderful 1017 error when trying to connect to the world. I've gone as far as setting the server as the DMZ host, with the same results.

Just as Krash, the World server never sees the attempted connection (when outside the router).

Are there any tricks we might be missing?

Muuss
10-07-2004, 12:38 AM
If you're on a dial up, i guess you don't intend to create a public server. If i m right and if you only set it up for your own use, try to put your local ip adress everywhere. Your server will show up in the server list and you will access it directly thru your lan (or localhost if you host on the computer you play on).

krash
10-07-2004, 09:52 AM
I've tried the localhost thing in loginserver.ini and boot5zones.bat and 127.0.0.1 in all possible combinations including using my "real" IP. I have however realized one thing. It seems as if windows will only allow me to make 2 or 3 connections at a time, period. If I try to download 3 files at once, the last one will not start until one of the first 2 finishes... So I'm guessing I have one connection from my world.exe to eqemu loginserver, a second from eq client to eqemu loginserver, and my client to world never has a chance. Is there any way to increase the number of connections I'm allowed to have or is this just something my ISP does to limit bandwidth? BTW, my comp at work with DSL also only allows 2 downloads at a time... Any suggestions?

Arcane
10-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Sounds like you hit the old Winblows limit; if I dont' miss my guess here, correct me if I'm wrong, but Winblows is only going to allow a total of 5 connections period, unless you spend your arm and leg to purchase more uses.

As strange as that sounds, what's stranger, is the fact that you are the only one on the system, regardless of the number of connections, it should recognize that you are doubling back on your self to log in to your EQ server; but it won't. It's a ploy to have you purchase more user lisences from Micro$not.

krash
10-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Well, if that's the case, I guess I'll just wait for minilogin to come back. Or buy a cheap box just to run my server...

Muuss
10-07-2004, 07:14 PM
edit : i revised that post, it was a wrong idea.

maveren
10-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Is there any way to increase the number of connections I'm allowed to have or is this just something my ISP does to limit bandwidth? BTW, my comp at work with DSL also only allows 2 downloads at a time... Any suggestions?

1: [Start], Run, "regedit"
2: Locate [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings]
3: Create 2 new REG_DWORDs (r-mouse-click in the right pannel) or use the existing 2
4: Name them MaxConnectionsPerServer, MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
5: set them both to 5
Link>http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/536/< Link
That should allow up to 5 simultaneous requests allowed in all internet applications.

krash
10-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Thanks Maveren, but I still have this problem. But I can download more than two files at a time now :wink: thanks!

Here are my world.exe and boot5zones.bat outputs...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[World.exe]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.9-DR2
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=34229, max id=77505
[Status] ./LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
You may already be a winner... of the darwin award.
TCP listening on: port 9000
World server listening on: port 9000
Connected to LoginServer: newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994
53977 New TCP connection: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1622
New zoneserver: #1 4.152.xxx.xxx:1622
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1622: 4.152.xxx.xxx:7999
54047 New TCP connection: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1623
54057 New TCP connection: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1624
New zoneserver: #2 4.152.xxx.xxx:1623
New zoneserver: #3 4.152.xxx.xxx:1624
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1623: 4.152.xxx.xxx:7996
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1624: 4.152.xxx.xxx:7997
54127 New TCP connection: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1625
54127 New TCP connection: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1626
New zoneserver: #4 4.152.xxx.xxx:1626
New zoneserver: #5 4.152.xxx.xxx:1625
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1625: 4.152.xxx.xxx:7998
Zoneserver SetConnectInfo: 4.152.xxx.xxx:1626: 4.152.xxx.xxx:7995

[Boot5Zones.bat] I have only pasted one session, they're all the same...
[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.5.9-DR2
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 6289
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'help' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'version' defaulting to access level 0
!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'serversidename' defaulting to access
level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'loc' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'flag' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'si' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] 166 commands loaded
[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: 4.152.xxx.xxx:9000

mrea
10-09-2004, 03:00 AM
You should be able to play on your server, as those are just warnings. But if you want to get rid of them do the following:

go into your eqemu directory and open up addons.ini

go to the bottom and add !si=101, !help=0, !version=101, !serversidename=101, !loc=101, and !flag=200.

krash
10-10-2004, 04:00 AM
this is starting to look hopeless... I guess I have no answer. I've gone over everything many times and the only thing I can find is that I can connect to some DR2 servers and others give me the 1017. It's not random, it's the same servers every time... Not sure what they have in common. I'm stumped. :?