PDA

View Full Version : Melee damage issue on 5.9 DR2 Server

moadhib
10-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Hey everyone, I have been searching through the forums for awhile now about my problem but I can't find squat.

Server: 5.9 DR2 with 5.8 Classic DB - works and connects smoothly.

My only problem (other than the spell mem bug :) ) has to do with melee combat. In particular, the beginning of melee combat.

-Player A has 72 HP.
-Player A engages "A Decaying Skeleton."
-Player A immediately drops from 72 HP to 19HP (The amount varies).
-Combat from here on works fine (Normal damage is applied to Player A's HP's).

It's always the first hit from a mob - but it doesn't happen all the time. I can't find something in common about the situations either, so I need some help! :)

I have reinstalled DirectX 9.0c, reinstalled MySQL and PERL, EqEMu software and 5.8 classic database. I have taken a look at the source files for 5.9 DR2, can't find a problem with Attack.cpp

Anyone have an idea?

Muuss
10-07-2004, 12:41 AM
it happens just after you stop medding, most of the time, for me. Rarely, perhaps never, after you ran a lil around to find a mob.

govtcheeze
10-07-2004, 01:36 AM
The client and the server do not update HP in sync. basically the client thinks you have more HP than you really do...the first hit of melee damage syncs both and the true value is displayed.

moadhib
10-07-2004, 01:57 AM
I have been testing my server with a level 3 human monk who has 72 HP's. I can sit down and med for a couple of minutes, reach my 72 HP mark, run around for a bit and then engage a mob. As soon as I engage a mob, my HP's drop by 2% to 75% (random).

I have also logged into other DR2 servers and not seen this problem with other characters, it only seems to be a problem on my server. I am at a total loss to explain the drastic loss of HP's on first hit...

I'm still working on it though :)

sotonin
10-07-2004, 02:41 AM
mainly it's due to regen. It was completely broke on 5.8 + Client will give you hps back. But the server does not. So when you engage your client is forced back to your true hps.

It's fixed in 5.8WR which hopefully will be out soon, we're testing the merge to the 5.9 code.

moadhib
10-07-2004, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but; I have noticed when my test character "dings", he not only gains +22 HP's, but his HP's are fully restored.

Let's say level 2 monk dings when at 7/40 HP's - he will suddenly become 62/62 HP's - not only gaining the 22 HP's but in effect gets a complete heal at the same time.

Maybe this is the problem? Test character is at 62/62 client side but in effect has only 7/62 HP's? Hmm...

Testing this out...

Muuss
10-07-2004, 03:06 AM
leveling up restores full hp and mana in EqEmu, atm.

moadhib
10-07-2004, 03:42 AM
Thank you Sotonin, that was the issue. Regen is fubarred server-side. I used a Pally as another test subject and his LOH fixed the problem until I had to med, then his HP's went back down to pre-med level.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for an update, or crack open .NET and take a look at the source files...

Thanks!

:D

sotonin
10-07-2004, 07:35 AM
http://www.peqserver.com/forums

check out the ongoing features run-down in the news forum. It has an up to date listing of all the fixes implemented on PEQ-the grand creation in addition to new features.

Magoth78
10-07-2004, 07:52 AM
When they will be in the cvs sources, sotonin? I mean when the test will be finished?

Can't wait ! :roll:

Mag

sotonin
10-07-2004, 08:42 AM
As soon as the major bugs are worked out. We switched to a wr/current cvs merge last night so we just need people to test it. THe major things being worked on right now are making the AA interface actually work properly and disciplines.