PDA

View Full Version : need help to log in

sluggs
10-08-2004, 12:17 PM
ok i am patched to 10-7-04 i changed my eq host and i got scorp patch but when i try to log onto emu server i get no host need help pls

Malignus Wingnut
10-08-2004, 01:51 PM
i get no host

What exactly does that mean?

maveren
10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
I think he means

NO EQHOSTE.TXT: Make sure your everquest directory contains a eqhost.txt

1:) You need to patch to full live client.
2:) Open C:/Program files/Sony/EverQuest and locate eqhost.txt.
3:) Open eqhost.txt and clear the text in the file so that there is nothing.
4:) Type **DONOT COPY/PASTE THIS CODE**
[Registration Servers]
{
"register.eqemulator.net:5999"
}
[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994
5:) Save the newly edited eqhost.txt
6:) [Right Click] host.txt and make sure the -Attributes- are checked "Read-only."
7:) Create a new Shortcut on your desktop by right-clicking on some open space, New, Shortcut.
8:) where it says type the location of the item: "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme Make sure you keep the Quotes!!! and if that doest work, change "EverQuest" to "EverQuest Trilogy" or whatever your EQ directory inside the Sony directory is called.

fertsy
10-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Is this guide up to date with the latest live patcher. im just starting to attempt to use this emulator and im haveing no luck at all. now i am uninstalling the entire EQ live game and reinstalling it now. Then i will patch up to date and attempt this guide. Do you think that will allow me to get into some servers?

maveren
10-09-2004, 06:29 PM
yes and alwase will be current.
Problem is many servers are adjusting there files for there clients and there os settings/sql databases.
therfore if they arent patched exactly as you are you cant access there servers. id say that 1 out of 10 servers on that list that are UP are cleint friendly, the rest are supported by the server op and whatever files he uses. if you really wanna try a server, find the website of the host and then download the files they support.
www.wintersroar.com is a good example of a 5.3 server in action
also wr happens to be the best maintained server imho.
the WR website will tell you what you need to do to get eq running for there custom game.

fertsy
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
finaly someone answers in a manner that is helpful. thank you very much