PDA

View Full Version : LAN party with minilogin and character MOVE

Camaris
10-25-2004, 01:54 AM
I am usually playing to EQ on my PC, but any days i want play to EQ on LAN with my friends, then i would like to know how can i move my char to his database for play with it without delete his char.... MySql-Front dont let copy complete registers....

And i also would like to know if i need create a new registry with my account and my LAN IP on his database.

Cisyouc
10-25-2004, 07:03 AM
On the computer that has the database on it, do this.

Where the text is red, replace with the directory of where you installed MySQL.

Where the text is yellow, replace with your DATABASE'S username.

Where the text is cyan, replace with your DATABASE'S password.

Where the text is green, replace with your BATABASE'S name
==================================
Click START > RUN.
Type in command.com and click OK.
Now, you will see a dos prompt. Type in:

cd C:\eqemu\mysql\

...and hit Enter. You should now see a shell that looks like:

C:\eqemu\mysql\>

Next, type in

mysqldump.exe -u user -p db > eqdb.sql

It will now say

Enter password:

type in your password and hit enter.

The cursor should blink a few min while its saving the db to eqdb.sql. When its finished, you will see:

C:\eqemu\mysql>

Type in EXIT and hit enter.

A copy of the entire database is now available at C:\eqemu\mysql\eqdb.sql for you to source in regularly on the other computer
-
Enjoy!

10-26-2004, 10:39 PM
If i to do that, Will i have any problem with duplicate entries?

And i cant connect 2 PC's on LAN using the new minilogin. With the old minilogin it was very easy.... Anybody can tell me how i should to do it? i am getting very confused, and i only have got success connecting with one account. it gives me strange password/name errors.

Skyphen
01-30-2005, 08:30 AM
when playing with minilogin for more than 1 computer the ip addresses need to be your local ip address (192.168.x.x) not 127.0.0.1. You should then setup your friends eqhost to say host=192.168.x.x where x.x stands for your computers local ip address.

Camaris
01-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey, i already have it working really nice, i did a "updatechar.sql" file, and a "savechar.bat" file, and i can play with my char on any server without problems, and i dont get any duplicate errors.

If anybody is interested in this files, i ll post here, each file is only like 6 or 7 lines...

Cya.