PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Source

kawika
04-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Referring to: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18285

If this has already been asked, plz delete this forum or lock it and tell me where I should go to find my answer.

I just downloaded the source for the Guild Wars server and I need a little help compiling everything. Can anyone write a short tutorial for myself and anyone else that might be interested in giving this source a shot?

I have a few questions as of right now, they might be really simple.

1) Do we compile it the same as we would the official EQEmulator source?

2) Do we source in the included sql files into a Velious or Kunark dbase?

3) What are the differences between Guild Wars and the EQEmulator? I never got a chance to play on the GW server before it was shut down.

Plz don't think any of these questions are lame, I'm new to EQEmu and would like to try out all aspects of the software, even if it's re-written by another person or group of people.

Thanks
~Kawika

RangerDown
04-06-2005, 02:28 AM
There's not a whole lot you're gonna be able to do with the guildwars code, as the database was heavily customized and the guildwars team has chosen NOT to release that.

kawika
04-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Well doesnt that just suck. Oh well, maybe some day the dbase will be posted.

KingMortenson
04-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Right on guys thanks ! Will make good use of this :)

-KMRA

Iamien
04-24-2005, 07:53 AM
I thought devnoob took his database with him.

RangerDown
04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
He did... but as they say, information wants to be free. And sometimes information has a tendency to be free even when those in possession of said information would rather it not :D

Sakrateri
04-26-2005, 11:13 AM
guess that could be said of the loginserver source too eh?

RangerDown
04-26-2005, 11:21 AM
It sure could.

And incidentally, it was Devnoob that stuck that loginserver source up for the world to see.

gottasummer
05-15-2005, 06:00 AM
I have a copy of that old login code someplace, good thing it is not being leaked as far as I know still... people could do large damage to the servers with the encryption algorithm source.

sysadmin
05-15-2005, 04:11 PM
took me 1 minute to find that code....

dolanorn
05-30-2005, 06:17 AM
"There's not a whole lot you're gonna be able to do with the guildwars code, as the database was heavily customized and the guildwars team has chosen NOT to release that."

Well you're half right.. I got Guildwars DB on my computer (I manage to recover that.. ) but it's not the GW3.0 one, more like 2.0 , there are very few changes between the 2. (the bazaar special vendors aren't there , that's it I think)