PDA

View Full Version : load_13thfloor_items.pl

mrea
09-10-2005, 03:20 AM
Am I not using this correctly?

I uninstalled Perl and all of that because I'm trying to set it up on another computer so I don't remember the exact errors (something like "unable to open config eq" where eq is the database name).

I type in perl load_13thfloor_items.pl -d [database] -u [username] -p [password] <items.txt

Will not work..

jillmatik
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
That command looks good. Brackets should not be included when you're actually typing it though. I'd just verify your DB name was typed correctly and try again.

Make sure all your PERL installation steps were followed and the DBI, DBD, Scalar items loaded too.

*EDIT* Also make sure you're typing it from the C:\Perl directory in your command prompt

tremor
09-10-2005, 02:20 PM
you might want to try it like this

C:\Perl>perl load_13thfloor_items.pl -d db -u your_name -p your_pass -h localhost<items.txt
Processing: 12557 Draconic Paulle (if it works you should see something like that processing)

i'm only new myself but i think you might need to source in itemtableschanges.sql as well, it takes me a while to stuff around and get 13thfloor to load to but thats what worked for me.

Netanox
09-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Have same problem, when i type this command, il have an error like:

Unknow option u (i type -u ).

Strange