PDA

View Full Version : World.exe not reading db.ini file

Monalin
09-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Whenever i run the world.exe or worlddebug.exe i get the following errors... USING VERSION 6.2 DR1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>"D:\Live Server\World.exe"
Couldn't open Database Config File './db.ini'.

running it from a cmd prompt was the only way i could get it to show the error because it closes immediatly, at first i was useing my own compiled files but i switch to the pre-compiled files that soureforge gives out. Still the same problem is occuring. My db.ini file looks like this, and no, there arnt any spaces.

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=monalin
password=crusader
database=mysql

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

I've got no idea what's going on someone please help me i use to run my own servers when 5.9 was the latest version now i'm starting all over but cant seem to get it going. I'm pretty sure all my files are right, anyone know of problems there could be? Programs running that would block it ect. Maybe i just screwed something up lol i hope its an easy fix. MySQL is installed btw i've already set up my DB too...

Dr Zauis
09-10-2005, 05:44 PM
I see your database name is mysql? Is that the name you chose for your Database? Its usually eq or something. Also I have problems with world.exe closing too soon. So I dragged it into a dos box and got the unable to open
db.ini error. So I dragged a working world.exe from my 0.6.1DR1 server and got the same error so Im assuming its not possible to start world.exe that way. All I can say is they are talking about changing opcodes.config or something so maybe thats the problem.