PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Advancement

jillmatik
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Well since there was a fix worked on for the client update errors, I've spent some quality time with my server last night and wanted to post some of the issues that I noticed. In my limited knowledge, I'm not sure if these are database issues or program issues, so I will just briefly go over the symptoms I'm encountering. Please respond to this thread with possible solutions, or discussions on solutions rather than "Oh I'm getting the same thing" Dev's/Mod's if this message would be better suited in the "Bugs" section I will repost there. Thanks in advance.

I'm currently running EQEmu 0.6.2 DR1 on PEQ Velious RC1 database

Still getting several opcode errors on world startup. I've also seen some of these opcodes referenced when I try and form parties (more on grouping below)

Has anyone gotten AA's working with there server that might be able to assist? AA's aren't updating when points are spent on them and I'm not seeing any benefits that I can tell (ie. Planar Power is not changing stat caps)

AI have a directory full of quest perl files, but for some reason none of the NPC's listed respond to a hail. I looked in my Zone and World command prompt readout and didn't see anything specifically regarding loading of quests. Is there some kind of script I need to load to bring these quests into my database? Adding to this, I've tried running Zoneperl.exe and have gotten return text from NPC's for quest progression. However, my zoneperl.exe crashes with application errors frequently, especially while zoning with errors like "Bizarre Code"

I receive a bunch of errors when I form a group. If I'm leading the group, I'm unable to talk in group chat as it returns "You are not currently in a group. Talking to yourself again??" I am able to see other group chat and exp is divided like normal.

A friend of mine will constantly lose the ability to loot/talk/zone/issue commands for no reason at random times. If a zone wall is hit, client will hang and need to End Process eqgame.exe. I have no issues with this and think it may be connection speed or client specific problem on her end.

I know I've seen this posted before. Guards don't attack mobs. I've seen guards chase mobs but not do damage. I believe I read that if this is enabled, they'll fight each other. Maybe someone has made some progress on this.

I'll continue edit this as I find more things!

Thanks,
J

rojadruid
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Same problem here. not sure if its database or code don;t know much about either, learning sql as I play in the database. can source the .sql files in my sleep now. :c)_

jillmatik
09-13-2005, 05:35 AM
I updated the scope of this thread to encompass all the problems I'm encountering with 0.6.2 and PEQ Velious RC1. Thanks!

J