PDA

View Full Version : 0.6.2 w/Quests.

ichijin
09-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Hey all. Thought I had finally got everything working. The only error that comes up on any of the windows (minilogin, world, and zone) is the missing commands.pl for perl. However, none of my quests seem to be working. I have the plugin and default.pl in the directory, all the Velious-rc1 quests, and db. Every NPC turns toward me when I hail, but none respond. Any help getting this going would be greatly appreciated. (Cant exactly leave your continent without the translocators. :P) Thanks in advance.

Dr Zauis
09-24-2005, 06:36 AM
Hey all. Thought I had finally got everything working. The only error that comes up on any of the windows (minilogin, world, and zone) is the missing commands.pl for perl. However, none of my quests seem to be working. I have the plugin and default.pl in the directory, all the Velious-rc1 quests, and db. Every NPC turns toward me when I hail, but none respond. Any help getting this going would be greatly appreciated. (Cant exactly leave your continent without the translocators. :P) Thanks in advance.

You must not be starting boot5zones.perl
I only know of 1 compliled zoneperl that is working and that was posted on forums yesterday..Some of us(including me)are having zoneperl crashing issues with it.

ichijin
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
The ZonePerl that came with the 0.6.2 release will open, and let me go in, but no quests or anything. The "working" one that was recently posted crashes as soon as I click "enter world" from character select. Doesnt seem to be a working one out thats compatible with 0.6.2 yet.

Dr Zauis
09-24-2005, 01:00 PM
The ZonePerl that came with the 0.6.2 release will open, and let me go in, but no quests or anything. The "working" one that was recently posted crashes as soon as I click "enter world" from character select. Doesnt seem to be a working one out thats compatible with 0.6.2 yet.

Well then..Have you checked for the "Client position update"(Dont know what to call it.) error?
Im kind of assuming zoneperl has the same issue..But havent checked it myself.

jillmatik
09-26-2005, 11:32 AM
It does. The reason that your quest NPC's aren't responding, is because you're actually nowhere near them to get a response. What you should do is go to the quest NPC and #summon them... then #summon yourself. Now that you're both in the same position, hail the NPC. If your perl files are correct, you will get a response.

This is exactly what Zaius was talking about. The problem is with the OP_ClientUpdate error that came with the 0.6.2 zone and zoneperl files.

EDIT: Note that people are still working on a stable zoneperl.exe compile. You can, however, find the stable zone.exe link floating around here somewhere that will enable you to melee properly.

ichijin
09-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I looked into the position update. It was expecting 38, the packets were actually comming through as 36/37. It said to correct the structure by commenting out line 36. I downloaded the head release off the CVS, and the packet structure is only 26 in that one. Heh. I know C++ decent enough, but never done graphical things (and havent learned networking yet), so I am not sure if I will be able to fix it or not.

Belfedia
09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
You can find tutorial, help and files on wiki :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage
In Serverguide.
Are you using this guide ?

Dr Zauis
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I looked into the position update. It was expecting 38, the packets were actually comming through as 36/37. It said to correct the structure by commenting out line 36. I downloaded the head release off the CVS, and the packet structure is only 26 in that one. Heh. I know C++ decent enough, but never done graphical things (and havent learned networking yet), so I am not sure if I will be able to fix it or not.

Hehe..I just started using C++ the other day and have managed to fix the problem with my zone.exe compile. After finally figuring out what file they were talking about of course!(Something like packet??) Anyway I put the // marks right where it say quote me out and boom..Fixed.

As for zoneperl, my compile crashes just like the fixed zoneperl I DLed the other day..So Im 99.999% sure its my version of active perl wich is causing the crash. For now though I am playing with the great new options available in the zone/features.h file! We got em running/Calling their friends/And a whole train coming after me if I dont chase em down and kill them first!