PDA

View Full Version : I jumped on the band wagon of 6.2 but...

JrFaust
09-24-2005, 01:35 PM
First my configuration.
Windows XPpro/SP2
EQ Client last patched 9/11/2005.
6.2 server compiled by jimm0thy.
ActivePerl-5.8.7.813 uninstalled and reinstalled to ActivePerl-5.8.2.808 to see if that change anything.
MySQL - can't remember the version off hand.
Velious RC1 database.

Anyone know if there's a updated opscode.conf?
I tried the on I found on the CVS but that had more codes missing.
And does anyone know what might be happening to cause the Perl errors?

Errors from World.exe
Opcode OP_Command is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_MailboxHeader is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_MailHeader is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_MailBody is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_NewMail is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_SentConfirm is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionRequest is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionResponse is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWCombined is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionDisconnect is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWKeepAlive is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionStatRequest is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWSessionStatResponse is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWPacket is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWFragment is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWOutOfOrderAck is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWAck is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWAppCombined is missing from ./opcodes.conf
Opcode OP_RAWOutOfSession is missing from ./opcodes.conf
005418D0

Errors for Zoneperl.exe
[Status] Loading embedded perl XS
[Quest] perl error: Perl runtime error: Can't locate Symbol.pm in @INC (@INC con
tains: .) at (eval 4) line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 4) line 1.

[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install eval_file hook
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install eval_file hook

Thanks for your time

tallerin
09-24-2005, 01:46 PM
what version of perl are you running? also when you unistalled perl to reinstall the other did you go in and delete the perl and .cpan directory before reinstalling another version of perl? also make sure IO::Scalar is installed right it was a bit bumpy for me when doing it for perl 5.8.7.813. but after that i have had no issues useing the newer perl and my server is still running with my toon logged in while typeing this msg with no crashing.

also those missing opcodes i wouldn't worry about you can add them into your opcodes.conf as 0x0000 but it just removes them as missing and they don't hurt anything showing as missing.

JrFaust
09-26-2005, 06:17 AM
ActivePerl-5.8.2.808 is what I'm running and no I didn't know that I sould remove the perl and .cpan directory before reinstalling another version of perl. I'll have to try to reinstall again. :o
Oops.

I haven't tried the IO::Scalar reinstall yet, I just read through jimm0thy's thread and saw how to do that.

And I'll live with the opcode errors if they don't cause any problems.

Thanks

JrFaust
09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I removed the perl directory but I could not find the .cpan directory before reinstalling ActivePerl-5.8.7.813. I tried the IO::Scalar install but I still get the same errors from the Zoneperl.exe then it crashes out.

tallerin
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
.cpan should have been in the root of your c drive with the perl directory.if the process of installing IO::Scalar was right and installed properply you should have that folder.

JrFaust
09-29-2005, 06:28 AM
I uninstalled perl once again found and deleted the perl and .cpan directories. I then rebooted my system installed ActivePerl 5.8.7.813 rebooted my system installed IO-Stringy from jimm0thy's webpage rebooted than did the IO::Scalar install via your (tallerin) tut.

perl -MCPAN -e shell
It will ask you if you want to configure Manually. Say no.
RESTART YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE PROCEEDING.
install IO::Scalar

But when I start a zoneperl.exe it still crashes with the same error.

[Status] Loading embedded perl XS
[Quest] perl error: Perl runtime error: Can't locate Symbol.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .) at (eval 4) line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 4) line 1.

[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install eval_file hook
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install eval_file hook

Is this really a perl failure or script/zoneperl.exe failure?

tallerin
09-29-2005, 07:23 AM
IO::stringy is i believe IO::scalar. so you only need to use io:stringy to install IO::scalar or the second way of installing which is the way that was added to my tut by Jimm0thy. So only use one of the ways to install IO::scalar.

Which perl release are you use Jimm0thy compiled release?

as of now his is the only release i was able to get stable and eliminate crashing and have had no issues as of yet since installing perl 5.8.7.813.

I'm gonna take a guess that something is calling on symbol.pm and looks like it is maybe missing or not in C:\perl\lib or in C:\perl\lib\encode. so i'm going to say it maybr an installation issue. Cause if your useing jimm0thy release and perl and IO::Scalar installed right you should not be having an issue.

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 06:49 PM
For what it's worth I am having the exact same issue with 6.2DR1 and perl.

I'm using Jimmys fixed zoneperl and the EMU works great using zone.exe.

Installing IO::Scaler is the prob. Something goes snakey in 5.8.7 I get an error after a lot of crap scrolls across the screen about readln or something.

I followed the instrucitons dead out of the wikki.. When I drop to the command prompt, go to the perl/bin dir and run the perl -MCPAN -e shell it doesnt end correctly. It does something for about 5 secs but then craters.

Here is the error

commit: wrote C:\Perl\lib\CPAN\Config.pm
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:/Perl/site/lib/Te
rm/ReadLine/readline.pm line 1330, <STDIN> line 1.

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.7601)
ReadLine support enabled

SetConsoleMode failed, LastError=|6| at C:/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 26
cpan>

Any help would be appreciated.. I Did fully ininstall perl, manually delete the directories that remained and then reinstalled but nada.

Thanks in advance.

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 06:53 PM
*Edited to reduce my embarasement ;) *