PDA

View Full Version : Set up a server fine now ....need Help with my login server!

advitar84
10-14-2005, 08:36 PM
I followed this tutorial

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows6

And I was able to set up a server fine everything worked great but now I wish to leave my duel xeon as a dedicated server.

I wish to have my laptop as a client.

In the eqhost.txt file on my client I put

[LoginServer]
Host=24.191.31.11:5998

and

[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.0.50:5998

One is my public IP and the other is my private IP

Both times it gets timed out but when I have

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

It is able to connect to eqemulator.net login server and I can play eq on other peoples servers but I wish to set up a server for me and my friends to play privately.

How do I set it up correctly so that my client defaults directly to my eq server???

Belfedia
10-15-2005, 12:22 AM
For make a privatly server, you need some work :)
In your loginserver.ini you need change
locked=false bye locked=true
Now only account with status more than 100 can enter in your server
You need a Mysql editor for edit Account table
and add manualy nameof account, ls_acount id and Status for each player.

If you don't want your player use #command, don't forget to update addon.ini and put more command on status 200 :)

advitar84
10-15-2005, 06:59 AM
but is there a way to bypass eqemulator.net login server and create my own login server?

krusher
10-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Minilogin is released but not well tested according to FNW. It will allow you to host a server on a LAN vs the internet.

advitar84
10-15-2005, 08:40 AM
I wish to host a server on the net but not have the clients have to put eqemulation:Port into there eqhost.txt

I want them to have to put

myip:myport

into there eqhost.txt and create my own login server can this be accomplished?

cavedude
10-15-2005, 08:56 AM
You can use minilogin over the net, however there is no security so I don't recommend it.

Configure all of your files like you would for regular public login, except in loginserver.ini for loginserver put in the internet IP of your server, with port 5999.

Then, you will need to add users to your database by hand, and put in their internet IP in the minilogin_ip column. This is very important as minilogin uses IP for authorization, so without it the user will not connect.

Run minilogin, world, and zone as normal.

Have uses use ServerIP:5999 for eqhost.

The catch is, without a bit of a hassle only one player from each IP will be able to connect at a time. So, if there are multiple players at one location or they want multiple accounts, they are out of luck.

Belfedia
10-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Have no way for make your loginserver. Code isn't release. You have all solutions before.