PDA

View Full Version : No combat or quests - target too far away - 6.2DR1

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
6.2 DR1

Everything works fine as far as zoning, charcreation, even interacting with the guild GMs and merchants.

Hailing an NPC produces no results and trying to attack a target gets you (they are too far away).. However if I run beyond the target (so it is beind me) it says you can not see your target.

Spawns are all there, special NPCs regular NPCs and most of the spawns are actively moving around..

Any thoughts on this? Doors etc all work as well.

Thanks in advance.

typhoon
10-17-2005, 09:52 AM
You need to download the maps of sourceforge and put them in the maps folder where you have eqemu installed. That should solve that problem.

Belfedia
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Have you follow this guide :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows6 ?
And have take the jimm0thy fix for zoneperl ?

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 11:14 AM
I have tried to follow the guides Belf and I just want to say a sincere thank you from me personally but I'm sure alot of others as well.

Language barriers aside * cough* ;) you are a very serious reason a lot of people are able to take part in the emu community. Thanks for all your roganizational work and pointers.

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Put the map files in but same results..

I'll read the tut one more time Belf I musta missed something.. O wait I am NOT running the perl version..

So maybe thats it?

I'll see if I can get the perl one working.

zoneperl crashes.. IOScaler problem.

I got an error following the Tutorial where it told you to open up the command prompt and run the IO scaler stuff or whatever that perl compile thing was. IT ran thrgouh everything but at the end it gave some kind of config error. I assume thats why zoneperl is crashing. I'll redo that step.

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 11:42 AM
My perl error is

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:/Perl/site/lib/Te
rm/ReadLine/readline.pm line 1330.

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.7601)
ReadLine support enabled

SetConsoleMode failed, LastError=|6| at C:/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 26
cpan>

Thats when I try to run the perl -MCPAN -e shell command

Thanks in advance

EDIT1:

I completely uninstalled perl and resinstalled it (using the active perl linky in the wikki instrucitons which is the same one I had DLd already. and I get the same ompilation error I had on the orinial install wwhen i try and run teh perl -MCPAN -e shell

Here is the error

commit: wrote C:\Perl\lib\CPAN\Config.pm
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:/Perl/site/lib/Te
rm/ReadLine/readline.pm line 1330, <STDIN> line 1.

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.7601)
ReadLine support enabled

SetConsoleMode failed, LastError=|6| at C:/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 26
cpan>

Any thoughts?

Thank you

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I am seriously laughing out loud at my own ignorance Belfedia -). As usual you had pointed to the correct solution from the begining with the wikki. I had only done 2a and assumed I was to pick one of the 3 =)

hehe

So once I downloaded Mikey's fix (thanks Mikey) =) I am fine..

As to the MAP issue, sorry mate I had the wrong map pack and that was also an issue..

Just to clarify for those following in my footsteps...

There were 2 problems here (Aside from my own stupidity ;) )

1) You MUST get Kickeys Fixed world and zone executeables.

2) You MUST install the EQ MAP pack into the MAPS folder of your subdir

Without Mikeys fix you can not attack anythign in the world.
Without the MAP files you will not hav eLine of site on anything (and thus no spells or archery etc)

Thanks to all for your patience in dealing with my shortbus IQ.

Cheers