PDA

View Full Version : Huge zone times and frequent disconnects.

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I now have my entire server up and functional with both zone.exe or zoneperl.exe at my discretion.. The quests are working the spawn sare working I had fun whacking the sleeper even. (Solo I might add ;) )

Now on to the question.. I have found that for some wierd reason I get disconnected 9 times out of 10 when I zone using #zone.. 50/50 if I walk through a zone.

My server is a P4 2.6 with 1 gig ram and Im the only one currently on my server. I've optimized the priority of the zone/world threads on the server and they show in console that they react to teh zone command in 5-10 seconds.. But oin the client side it can sit there for 4-5 mins and then either zone or drop me to the login screen again...

Any suggestions is this a known bug?

Dr Zauis
10-17-2005, 09:34 PM
There is no bug..It should work 99% of the time..Try defragging your clients HD.

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.. thats not it. Client is fresh install on a fresh install of XP pro.

Very glad to hear it's just me though. I'll keep looking for the source of my problems.. Could be my routers.. I changed my system yesterday when I got this all working. I migrated my client machine off the Servers subnet.

So:

Client = 192.168.1.x connected through routerA with no port forwarding etc to internet on public IP 207.xx.xx.152

Server = 192.168.0.x connected through routerB with port forwarding for 5990-6000 and 7800-7900 and 9000 to the servers LAN ip on external IP 24.xx.xx.64

I'll have another go at it tonight and maybe do some packet sniffing to see what the hell is going on. I suspect my client at this point if this isnt a common problem.

Thanks all

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 04:19 AM
Just to confirm a suspicion I have could someone please consider PMing me a their OPCodes or really better yet a link to an opcodes file that is working 100%? I am still getting wierd unkown opcodes when I zone and thats most likely part of the issue.

I am using 6.2DR1 server with Mickey's fixed world.exe and zone.exe. I would LOVE a copy of the fixed zoneperl.exe if anyone has it it seems from the threads I've read work stopped at the end of september on that and not much more has been said.

Belfedia
10-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Rahh search in WIKI !!!
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage
you find all you want : EQEMU 0.6.2 DR1 PERL by JimmOthy ;)

sdabbs65
10-18-2005, 06:10 AM
My computer used to do that.
and eq would take like 15 mins to load because of pageframeing.

you need to stop playing on the server and get another computer with more memory.
I have 4 gigs of memory with duel processers at 3ghz each so thats not a problem for me anymore.

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 06:32 AM
I have the zoneperl from jimothy but I thought it wasnt 100% stable. just thought there might be a newer one =) thanks

As to my opcode problem.. I'd really lvoe to get an opcode file from someone running a stable 6.2 server. I inserted the 0 opcodes to stop alot of the spam but I still get:

Minilogin.exe console:

654156 New client from ip:XX.xx.xx.xx port: xxx
Unkown packet: .4233692 [92.153.64.0:15-> 0.0.0.0:0]
[OpCode 0x0003 <Op_Unkown> size=11]
00000: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00

However I can usually log in so thats not a huge concern..
Next is the World exe console when a user logs in:
Logged in: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recieved unkown OpCode: 0x0107 size: 0 bytes

However it still allows me to go to char selection usually.

Now when I try to login to a slected char I get world.exe console showing this:

... standard zone setup stuff here.....
then.
Zone Port=8784
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:xx.xx.xx.xx port: xx
Zoneserver Setzone xx.xx.xx.xx:port:xx

This part concerns me as it looks like world.exe may actually be dorpping my client? Or is it dropping my client because it is now passed the client to zoneperl.exe?

Now when I do sometimes get zoned in I get zoneperl doing this:

[error] Unhandled incoming OpCode: Op_AnoyingZoneUnkown (@299, eq=0x0000) size:8, client: (clientnamehere)
0: 79 00 00 00 40 00 00 00
Dropping client: process: false, IP= xx.xx.xx.xx port: xxxx
[status] zone shutdown

Thanks for any insite folks.

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 06:34 AM
As per my earlier post Sdabbs its not the PC ;)

My server is a P4 2.4 with 512 Ram and I'm only triyng to run 1 zone at a time =) I'm usinag a grand total of 300 MBs of memory with O/S overhead included.

My client PC is a P4 2.6 Gig with 1gig Ram and a 256 MB ATI 9600 Pro..

Not my PCs ;)

Thanks for the info on your probs though. maybe its memory handling... I'm running the server on XPPro O/S is that bad?

Belfedia
10-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Dohhh we need one more compil from last CVS source !!!
Have you try Cavedude version from dark rogue production pack 2.0 ?

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 07:48 AM
I have not Belf.. Which EXE is it you think I've got an old ver of? the World or Zoneperl?

I'll check cavedudes stuff. I know I have it DLd.

Thanks again

Belfedia
10-18-2005, 08:00 AM
I know cavedude make is exe for zone and world. Perhaps is work is less bug than the jimm0thy fix ?

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Belf. Let me put fixed zone.exe back and do some testing when I get home.

Does questing work with just zone.exe? Dont you need to use zoneperl.exe to get quests to work?

merci

Edit for clarity:
The world and zone EXE I am currently using are part of Mikey's fixed pack. The zoneperl.exe I tried to use is from Jimmys fix for zonePerl.exe

I was hoping to run quests so I do need a working zoneperl correct?

Thanks

EQEmu102
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Good Catch Belfedia. Was the zoneperl.exe

I got the updated one from one of the downloads.. Thanks. Zoning much better now. No disconnects. Still an issue with overall zone times but nothing like I was experiencing before.

*cheers wildly*

Thanks again

Dr Zauis
10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks Belf. Let me put fixed zone.exe back and do some testing when I get home.

Does questing work with just zone.exe? Dont you need to use zoneperl.exe to get quests to work?

merci

Edit for clarity:
The world and zone EXE I am currently using are part of Mikey's fixed pack. The zoneperl.exe I tried to use is from Jimmys fix for zonePerl.exe

I was hoping to run quests so I do need a working zoneperl correct?

Thanks

Just the zone.exe in the sp-2 loads quests! It may or may not be as complete as zoneperl.exe but it dont crash..Im trying to figure out how to compile a version of zone.exe like that. From the project I can only compile the zone.exe without quests.

Damilis
10-18-2005, 11:37 PM
As per my earlier post Sdabbs its not the PC ;)

My server is a P4 2.4 with 512 Ram and I'm only triyng to run 1 zone at a time =) I'm usinag a grand total of 300 MBs of memory with O/S overhead included.

Only 1 Zone.exe? I have always had really good luck running >=2 zone.exes.

Reasoning: Zone.exe A has you in ecommons and you want to zone to freportw

With 1 Zone.exe running:
1) you are removed form zone.exe A
2) Zone.exe A shuts down ecommons
3) Zone.exe A boots up freportw
4) Then you are inserted into freportw

aka the process is all happening in series.

With 2 Zone.exe's running:
1) Zone.exe B boots up freportw while you are still in ecommons
2) You are transferred to freportw once its done booting
3) Once you are out of ecommons, Zone.exe A shuts down while you are already in freportw

aka the process is happening mostly in parallel and the only waiting you have is for 1) Zone.exe B to boot up freportw and 2) your client load time.

EQEmu102
10-19-2005, 04:27 AM
Not really sure where I confused you Dam but I am running the Zone5bat proicess I simply am only using 1 zone at a time because I am the only one on the servers...

As I stated in my last post the entire problem was the zoneperl.exe

I had an older one and the latest one fixed it (from 9/23 or 9/28 or something I think.)

Thanks for your advice though

Damilis
10-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Okies, you made it sound like you were only running one instance of Zone.exe, which would cause bad zone times. my bad. :)