PDA

View Full Version : How to?- Customizing the server - 6.2-DR1

EQEmu102
10-19-2005, 04:34 AM
Welp I tried to use EQ Admin but eithe rI have a terribly outdated version (I got the most recent one off SF) or it's just not compatable with 6.2 DB format. some stuff worked but a lot didnt.

I was manually screwing around with the SQL tables and was able to reset all the starter zones the way I wanted to but there has to be better tools for customizing a 6.2 server.

I guess what I am looking for is a lits of tested 6.2 tools that other people are using succesfully.

My BIG question has to do with how quests and NPC interaction works with 6.2 servers? Do I need to use perl? I had at first assumed that I NEEDED perl working to do quests but Dr.Z said contrary that we can do questing using a regular zone.exe (If compiled to support questing which it sounds like no one has working yet.)

I'll be browsing the Wikki tonight but I just thought I'd toss out a call for help and see what tools the rest of yous are using for your 6.2 servers.

Thanks in advance.

Belfedia
10-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Hello :)

I use phpmyadmin, i never find better (mysql edit)
All link for tools are on wiki... i don't know other.

If anyone have one plz share it :)

Dr Zauis
10-19-2005, 05:27 AM
My BIG question has to do with how quests and NPC interaction works with 6.2 servers? Do I need to use perl? I had at first assumed that I NEEDED perl working to do quests but Dr.Z said contrary that we can do questing using a regular zone.exe (If compiled to support questing which it sounds like no one has working yet.)

The zone.exe that will work with quests is in server pack 2..I was a bit confused myself when I saw there was only zone.exe in SP-2 but when I used 5bootzones to start it..It loaded quests.. I have tried to compile zone.exe from the sources provided but it dont load the quests. I dont know what they did differently to compile a zone.exe that do that.
The best I ever got working with zoneperl.exe is game woks fine untill I hail someone like Grotts. She have no response and that seem to cause zoneperl to crash for me..

Belfedia
10-19-2005, 08:47 AM
For Have quest you need a zoneperl.exe (in windows) in place of zone.exe
You need also Perl installed and working.
And Quest directory in your directory emu with quest in each directory zone (use peq quest pack for RC1 or server pack from dark rogue production).
With that, all quest can work.

For make quest i suggest you to read quest and try to understand how they work. You have also some guide very interesting : http://wbg.gotdns.com/EQEmuQuestLexicon.pdf

don't forget quest section in this forum :)

EQEmu102
10-20-2005, 04:59 AM
Ok, Quests are working with the sept 23 zoneperl.exe

I'm quite happy with the performance although I still want to optimize zone times..

What I am after today is quest writing operators and commands for the .pl scripts.

EDIT: Bleah for anyone less dense than myself they will find the quest operators in the Quests Q&A forum ;)

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16681

Thanks