PDA

View Full Version : Need help with logging into server

Kcwabo
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
I have the server set up and messages from world.exe and boot5zones both don't have any error messages, but when I load up eq and get to the connection screen I put in my login information and click connect and it tells me that eqhost.txt isn't in the eq folder and I can't connect to the server even though eqhost is the eq folder. I changed all the things in the eqhost.txt to be

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5998

is there something I am missing? By the way i'm a complete noob so please make it as simple as possible. If it makes a difference I used http://eqemu.sesmar.net/eqemu_6_1dr2/ as my guide to setting up the server.

Belfedia
11-12-2005, 10:51 PM
1/ Are you sure about the compatibility of your client (Everquest software) with eqemu 0.6.1 DR2 ? (You need Everquest patched for it and is not possible to make that if you don't have.)

2/ If you can, use Eqemu 0.6.2/3, less buggy :)
You can find guide and link for easy pack here : http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage
But you need also right client... (Speak about Backpatch, Ask for backpatch in PM or forum are against forum's rules).

dasgood
11-14-2005, 07:03 AM
I play on a 0.6.3 server but I have often thought about running my own server just to try it out.

I setup a server and start world and zone with no errors(I think its 6.2).

I see my server registered on eqemu login server.

I try to select it and get a 1017 error.

How do I add accounts to my server?

I have a few questions if anyone has any answers ... and believe me I have done a lot of reading and searches. I often can't find a lot of the answers because of broken links.

What is the difference between 6.1,6.2 and 6.3 and DR1/2/3? To set my server up I used the emu 6.2 wiki for almost 100% of my setup.

The only problem I had was inmorting the database, which eventually worked.

Any info would be great!

stefann
11-14-2005, 07:18 AM
I play on a 0.6.3 server but I have often thought about running my own server just to try it out.

I setup a server and start world and zone with no errors(I think its 6.2).

I see my server registered on eqemu login server.

I try to select it and get a 1017 error.

How do I add accounts to my server?

I have a few questions if anyone has any answers ... and believe me I have done a lot of reading and searches. I often can't find a lot of the answers because of broken links.

What is the difference between 6.1,6.2 and 6.3 and DR1/2/3? To set my server up I used the emu 6.2 wiki for almost 100% of my setup.

The only problem I had was inmorting the database, which eventually worked.

Any info would be great!

6.1 - compatible with some older patch(feel free to post date)
6.2 - compatible with pre 9/13 patch clients patched after 6.1's patch window
6.3 - bug fixes from 6.2, still only compatible with 6.2 clients

someone feel free to descibe them better, this is just a basic comparison.

tallerin
11-14-2005, 09:26 AM
the only diff i can think from 6.1 - 6.2/6.3 would be network code compatiabilty to updated clients for the time of release may also have other fixes added. If you really want to know 100% the differences are i believe there is a text file on source forge or the wikki ( not sure) of every thing added or changed in each release.

but 6.1 i believe is compatible to the eq client from 7/13/2005 - 8/10/2005
6.2 is client compatible from 8/11/2005 - 9/12/2005
6.3 is the same as 6.2 with a few added fixes done which is why i believe they named it 6.3

maybe off a day or two on the dates and the

DR1,DR2,DR3 are Dev releases so the difference between say 6.1DR1 and 6.1DR2 would be bug fixes,reworked network code etc.

dasgood
11-14-2005, 02:43 PM
That might explain why I can't login to my own server since I think my client is older.

Dr Zauis
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
That might explain why I can't login to my own server since I think my client is older.

Well..I once made a 6.1DR2 server and tried to play a 6.1DR1 client on it and got 1017 all the way..I switched to a 6.1DR1 server and it worked a treat!