PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help

HurtinuDaily
12-02-2005, 04:29 AM
hello All,

Well I thought I had my 6.3 server up and running, but I am having a small problem.

once I obtained what I think is the 6.2 client I could login to the server select screen and select my server, but Immidiately upon selecting my server my client crashed back to server select and in my world.exe I get an error about unknow packet, removing client.

During setup I didnt do this

5a.) Open a Commond Prompt and enter perl -MCPAN -e shell -This command did not ask me to configure manually, it didnt even give me a message once it completed, it just went back to the com mand prompt.

5b.) Say no when it asks to configure manually. -didnt ask

5c.) install IO::Scalar - didnt know what this means, so i did this:

ppm> install IO-stringy.ppd since there was a scalar file in here upon doing this I saw a problem I read about in the forums, and when i tried to login minilogin it would just stay on logging into server..... and I would eventually have to alt F4 as I would get no error. I fixxed this by removing perl and re-installing it.

Anyway, I am not sure if it is my client version, which I am pretty sure I have the right one aslong as the 6.2 client works with minilogin 6.2 and the 6.3 binaries. ould someone help me wiht comleteing these steps:

5a.) Open a Commond Prompt and enter perl -MCPAN -e shell
5b.) Say no when it asks to configure manually.
5c.) install IO::Scalar

Do I need another scalar file, maybe I had the wrong version or soemthing, where could one obtain said file )))), I am working behind an ISA today and I dont feel like making a bunch of packet exceptions so I wont be able to test my client on an EQemu server until the end of the day, I just want to get all the files I may need so that i can take them home tonight and try it out.

Thanks in Advance Hurtinu Daily

HurtinuDaily
12-02-2005, 09:28 AM
I just logged into an EQemu server so its not my client.