PDA

View Full Version : Got it running, 1 or 2 problems

Orsenfelt
12-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Ok, i got my 6.3 Server up and running, but i need help on a few things.

50% of the spells work, but when casting Detrimental Spells 9nukes/dots/debuffs etc) I get a messege saying "You cannot see your target".
The same happens with weapon proc's that are detrimental.

Also, some zone lines really mess up..

e.g - Vex Thal / Umbral Planes

I zone from Umbral into vexthal and instantly zone back into Umbral, although on the screen (in middle) It says "Entering Misty Thicket" .. I have seen this twice with two different zone lines now.

Uhm, I get random spouts of really bad lag, things delay litrally 2minutes, I am only playing on LAN, file transfer on my LAN is always fast and doesn't lag..

Thanks for any light shed =)
Orsenfelt

HurtinuDaily
12-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Hello, for the offensive spells not working, make sure you have downloaded the maps to \\eqemu\maps and that should fix it, sounds like a line of site issue.

For the Vex Thal problem I had to edit the zonelines in the db, do a search of the forums thier is lots of info on it.

For the lag problem, I had it when I would try to do a /who and a few other commands, not sure how i fixed it.... I did a bunch of stuff to fix a bunch of other stuff and the lag thing dissapeared at the same time, I know one thing i did was use the updated zonepearl.exe from the cavedude installer, not sure if thats what fixxed it. I also changed my localhost entries to 127.0.0.1 incase it was a problem resolving the ip /shrug but I am not sure.