PDA

View Full Version : World.exe Issues

jetstrike
12-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I Dont uderstand why this would occur...

http://www.gamerz-anonymous.com/issues.JPG

jetstrike
12-20-2005, 05:19 PM
SEE ABOVE (cant seem to delete this post)

mattmeck
12-20-2005, 11:44 PM
normaly a password or permitions issue

jetstrike
12-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Mattmeck was right

HurtinuDaily
12-21-2005, 03:38 AM
When i run world it says "Couldn't open Database Config File '.\db.ini'
This makes no sense to me how can i fix it?

I would hate to ask a stupid question like ths but do you have a db\.ini in your eqemu folder?? some of the upgrades packages dont come with one.
if you do r u using linux or windows?

mikenune
12-21-2005, 05:32 AM
jetstrike, when posting images could you please format them as either JPEGs, GIFs, or PNGs? They'll show up a lot faster than BMPs (some browsers - the smart ones - actually don't support the BMP format at all). Your image was a meg and a half and took over a minute to show up (for me). If you're using Windows (*shudder*) ME, 2000, XP, or 2003 then you can convert them to JPEGs easily by opening the image in MS Paint and hitting "File" -> "Save As..." and selecting "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" in the "Save as type:" dropdown.

As to your problem, it definitely looks like a username/password issue for MySQL.

First make sure that MySQL is running (in Windows 2000, XP, or 2003 it'll probably be running as a service so you won't see a window for it - you'll need to check the "Services" section of your Control Panel). If it IS running, then you probably have the wrong username/password set up in your .\db.ini file in the EQEMu folder. It could also me that EQEMu's looking in the wrong database.

HurtinuDaily
12-21-2005, 07:45 AM
When i run world it says "Couldn't open Database Config File '.\db.ini'
This makes no sense to me how can i fix it?

since it cannot even open db.ini how is it a password issue is what I am wondering.....

Edit: I believe the sql errors are a result of not being able to open the db.ini and retrieve the username and password... /shrug but I am a newb and probably wrong..

1Boppoom1
12-22-2005, 06:59 PM
on your db.ini make sure there arn't any spaces after the username and password. I had that problem before, also you will get that error if your IP doesnt have access to the server.... did you run the following query?:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO Username@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'Password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

make sure you change Username@localhost and Password to what you have in your db.ini.

not having access to your databse is kinda a major problem!!!