PDA

View Full Version : Problems with serialization

jimbabwe
01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
I've already searched the forums and could find nothing that could really help me. I'm having problems serializing the items in my database. The error I'm getting is down below.

C:\PERL\BIN>perl serialize_items.pl -i item_fieldlist.h -d db.ini

Can't locate object method "connect" via package "DBI" (perhaps you forgot to load "DBI"?) at serialize_items.pl line 56, <F> line 12.

I've installed perl, installed io::scalar. Thereafter I've intalled DBI, DBD-mysql, and io-stringy with PPM. If I try to install any of those plugins again it says they're already installed, and if I try to update any of them through the shell interface in perl it says they're all fully updated. I downloaded both serialize_items.pl and item_fieldlist.h are from the developement branch of CVS. I got the DBI, DBD-mysql, and io-stringy plugins from this thread (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18707). Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need any other info don't be afraid to ask. There were no errors on installation of any of the plugins. I'm running ActivePerl 5.8.7.813

fathernitwit
01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
just a thought, since this is a rather obscure error, try geting ahold of an older version of perl (just delete your c:\perl dir to uninstall), I know 5.8.4 worked. Then see if it makes a difference. IO::Scalar really isnt needed anymore with newer code.

If that dosent work, try reinstalling your newer version, then using CPAN instead of PPM:
perl -MCPAN -e "install DBI"
perl -MCPAN -e "install DBD::mysql"

jimbabwe
02-07-2006, 02:20 AM
just for reference sake for anyone. 5.8.4 worked beautifully. I used ppm to install dbi and dbd, as the shell interface gave me some errors. I used this (http://apache.osuosl.org/perl/win32-bin/Perl-5.8-win32-bin-0.8.exe) copy of perl I found in searching for an old version. It works fine for serialization, however i haven't tested if it works in game yet.