PDA

View Full Version : No char or obj. Only Sky/Land/Text 6.0dr2

PunchinPreacher
01-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm running v6.0dr2.

My client should be able to support it, I've even checked it with eqvercheck3.

Was playing on SoD before, did the *COMPANY* patch and then recoppied my files over. Now I cant see anything/anyone. I see names and sky and land.

It's the same on my server as it is when I connect to any of the other 6.0's.

So I'm thinking this is client related, but is it possible it's server? And if It's client.... what now?

Thanks for any help!

kouhei
01-26-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm running v6.0dr2.

My client should be able to support it, I've even checked it with eqvercheck3.

Was playing on SoD before, did the *COMPANY* patch and then recoppied my files over. Now I cant see anything/anyone. I see names and sky and land.

It's the same on my server as it is when I connect to any of the other 6.0's.

So I'm thinking this is client related, but is it possible it's server? And if It's client.... what now?

Thanks for any help!
You need the rendereffects folder files and the UI folder files from that time. It seems you have a new version and then did a back patch which with the new version they updated alot of those files in those folders. Whish I could help but can't do it would cause me to break the LAW and I don't want to do that.

Belfedia
01-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Sod client isn't compatible with 0.6.x servers. If your files are Sod files, patch to live soe don't make anything...

PunchinPreacher
01-26-2006, 02:42 AM
That explains it...

I only backed up the eq root dir not the gui and rendereffects folder... shoot.

I guess I'm up the creek...

Thanks guys!

PunchinPreacher
01-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I found a version of cavedudes 6.0 db and that worked. fixed most everything, but still have issues...

like pathing and agression etc. gotta search for answers