PDA

View Full Version : Private LAN Setup

Denethor72
02-16-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm running into a few problems; I'm just setting up a server for my wife and I to play at the house. I had an old backup of my EQ folder that was last patched around May of 2004. I run the EMU on a laptop and have 2 desktops to run the clients. I'm using the 5.8 classic database, with the Minilogin v6.0, and EQEMU v5.6. I followed everything, and hunted around to find most everything else, and I finally managed to get the client pc's to login and get to the server select screen, but I can't get the server to show up on the select screen. I've just about run into a brick wall with it now; I tried using several different versions of EQEMU before I got it to come up to the server select screen using 5.6. I'm using port 5999 since I'm using minilogin, and I've changed the loginserver.ini to use Minilogin as the logintype. Thanks for the tip from someone who told me to use v6.0 of minilogin; that was one of the things that helped me finally get to the server select screen. I'd appreciate any help I can get now.

Belfedia
02-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Minilogin 6.0 work only with client eqemu 6.0
You need another version for eqemu 5.6.

Denethor72
02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Minilogin v6.0 was the oldest I could find on the files page to download. Where do I go to find an older version then?

Belfedia
02-16-2006, 08:05 AM
I don't know :(
Perhaps someone keep a version and see your message, but it is a bottle on the sea...

Denethor72
02-16-2006, 08:14 AM
That's what I was afraid of, Belfedia. Hopefully some kind soul will email it to me or point me to a link, but if not, I'll just continue my search among the people I used to play EQLive with to find a more current client program that was patched pre-9/13.
Thanks anyway!

HyerQuality
02-17-2006, 07:49 AM
I have 5.3, but not 5.6..... if yas need 5.3 send me an email to HyerQuality@gmail.com or send me a PM here and i would gladly send it to you.