PDA

View Full Version : Everquest NOT EMU question

SkylerS
02-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey, i played EQ for 5 years and LOVED it but quit for about 6 months due to lack of lower level's and stuff like that. I have heard that its getting better? is this true? and if so is it worth starting all over on EQ? like maybe on the newbie server? if so this is awesome, i know its a sad tale but EverQuest is my most missed memory in life and i love it like crazy lol, like a second wife to me.

Oldskoowal
02-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I still loyally play eq. Two accounts even. Sadly from what Im seeing, EQ is heading into an abyss. The most recent expansion, Prophecy of Ro continues the re-envisioning of EQ, that is sony is switching out old zones with new zones.
At first I thought this might be a fresh life into the old game but, it seems especially with prophecy of ro, the effort put into graphics is not the same as it was years ago. They put in a new freeport which was nice, but it is graphically unappealing. Whereas I compared the orginal Freeport to a slum town, this new one is a stone ghetto. Player wise, after they merged the servers, ive seen a general steady amount of people. The plane of knowledge generally has at peak times around 170 people. If you felt like playing again, just avoid the newly replaced zones at first to prevent yourself a system shock. Very soon now, a game called "Vanguard Saga of Heroes" will be released this year. It is being built by some of the original Everquest Classic, Kunark, Velious designers. They claim it will be the "in spirit" sequal to everquest, and honestly apart from the game name...it really looks like what Everquest 2 really should have been. Go have a look!

kouhei
02-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I still loyally play eq. Two accounts even. Sadly from what Im seeing, EQ is heading into an abyss. The most recent expansion, Prophecy of Ro continues the re-envisioning of EQ, that is sony is switching out old zones with new zones.
At first I thought this might be a fresh life into the old game but, it seems especially with prophecy of ro, the effort put into graphics is not the same as it was years ago. They put in a new freeport which was nice, but it is graphically unappealing. Whereas I compared the orginal Freeport to a slum town, this new one is a stone ghetto. Player wise, after they merged the servers, ive seen a general steady amount of people. The plane of knowledge generally has at peak times around 170 people. If you felt like playing again, just avoid the newly replaced zones at first to prevent yourself a system shock. Very soon now, a game called "Vanguard Saga of Heroes" will be released this year. It is being built by some of the original Everquest Classic, Kunark, Velious designers. They claim it will be the "in spirit" sequal to everquest, and honestly apart from the game name...it really looks like what Everquest 2 really should have been. Go have a look!

The "Vanguard Saga of Heroes" looks like is going to be awsome when it comes out. I have a friend who is suppose to be working on the beta team and he was telling it is awsome. My friend used to play EQ back during the Velious time. He kind lost intrested right about when POK came out. He used to tell me how he was it used to be going in to East commons tunnel and doing his shopping for goods. I really can't wait to see a VANEMU.

Belfedia
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I think also, vanguard is my next mmorpg :)
They work hard for a beautifull and interesting game.

MarCrush
02-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Meh, regular EverQuest sucks (not EQEmu), leveling up is slow, and they keep making expansions for high level people. Why is that is I have no clue, maybe so people don't quit. Even leveling up as a newbie is so hard. Can't wait until EQEmu makes EQ2Emu work better and release a stable release.

Belfedia
02-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Mhh !
Don't play to Vanguard.
Devs say "it was hard and slow for level it". Vanguard is old school mmorpg like EQ1 pre-luclin.
For old player like me, i think EQ1 is too easy leveling/stuffing game now... i don't play a game for win easy... i want real challenge.