PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding Zebuxoruk

Ahamix
03-09-2006, 10:12 AM
A friend of mine and I just recently started up a server (Zebuxoruk) on 6.4. It's been up and running since Sunday. Basic idea for our server is old world up to velious, modded dungeons and loot ect (old world 1-50, 50-60 kunark, 60+ velious) something like that we've just started modding noob dungeons such as Crushbone. ANYWAYS!

We have some questions, almost everything we've been able to find through the forums search (implimenting pok stones, questing with perl, ect.).

First, is implimenting an xp bonus impossible due to it being inside the .exe and it not being open source ect. ect.

Secondly, and probably most annoying, are these lag problems we've been having. some info: the server isn't on our lan, dedicated 24/7, the server has adequate specs as far as what people recomend on the forums, and the internet connection where I am at the moment is terrible. It seems to work fine for a while, after about 10-15minutes the other admin and I (on the same network) get hit with horrible lag, takes a minute for a right click to register for merchants,looting,done buttons, ect. Any ideas? just our network? Could someone log onto the zebuxoruk server and play around for 10-20minutes check if you have the same problems and let us know?

Third, could those lag problems be resolved or minimized with 6.5, I've seen in the update that 6.5 is supposedly easier on the admins thing like that (we planned to go with 6.4 because we saw lots of errors popping up on the forums about 6.5, due to its recent release, we're waiting until it all gets resolved)

Fourth, we are having a problem with item creation, like I said we're on 6.4, using version 3.4 of the item creator. (for example we coppied stone of gnoming and changed it to be a nexus gate stone) #finditem comes up with nexus gate stone: 1000, but summon item 1000 gives you the stone of gnoming. Anyone have this happen before?

Sorry for the lengthy post, can't wait for the replies, thanks!

Ahamix
03-10-2006, 09:30 AM
We worked out the fourth (item creation) problem. Still looking for answers or any suggestions for the other three. We also started working ona 6.5 build to see how much we like it. Feel free to log onto Zebuxoruk :)

BatCountry
03-10-2006, 09:44 AM
First, is implimenting an xp bonus impossible due to it being inside the .exe and it not being open source ect. ect.

It's open source, you just have to download the source release instead of the binaries. The actual experience rewards are easily modified; on my server I've got xp rewards for greens at a large xp penalty to guarantee some return on time/mana investment if you get jumped by a ton of them.

However, if you just want a straight up xp reward, I suggest looking at this:

Wiki: ServerVariables (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerVariables)

The whole wiki is definitely recommended reading for a new server.

Try skimming through the forums as well, there's a lot of answers in here.

In particular you're looking for the variable EXPMod, which is just an experience multiplier.

Secondly, and probably most annoying, are these lag problems we've been having. some info: the server isn't on our lan, dedicated 24/7, the server has adequate specs as far as what people recomend on the forums, and the internet connection where I am at the moment is terrible. It seems to work fine for a while, after about 10-15minutes the other admin and I (on the same network) get hit with horrible lag, takes a minute for a right click to register for merchants,looting,done buttons, ect. Any ideas? just our network? Could someone log onto the zebuxoruk server and play around for 10-20minutes check if you have the same problems and let us know?

I'm also having these lag issues. Apparently it's a known bug, but try working on the systems connecting to the server. One of my players reports improved performance after closing MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger and disabling the Windows XP built-in firewall. ZoneAlarm I've been told causes no end of problems, and the EQ client in general, I've been told, hates Norton Internet Security.

Ahamix
03-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Alright awesome, looks like we've got all my problems solved except for the lag issue. That server command list on the wiki is especially helpful, didn't even see that section of the wiki until now, thanks a bunch. As far as the lag, the server has nothing on but the emu program. Client wise, as far as I go, when I run emu i cloes everything and I dont have any anti-virus running and I keep windows firewall shut down at all times. (I have been running trilian while I play, I'll try it without here in a few minutes). It seems only people on this internet connection have as bad as a problem as me. I'm on a university network, who knows how many routers and firewalls ohio state has me going through.

If anyone would try logging on to Zebuxoruk and let me know how it's running after 15-20 minutes that would help alot. (try to run around and do some things too, to make the server work) Thanks !

Ahamix
03-11-2006, 01:36 PM
We added PoK books by searching the forums and getting all the information into the database to make them work. But we ran into a problem, only people with GM status (status of 100) can use them, people with status of 0 get a message saying "you are not yet experienced enough to pass through an inter-planar portal". This is the same message that comes up when we try to use the nexus gate stone (an item we created, we assume it's related).

Being level 1, 50, or 150 doesnt matter it still says the same error unless you have an account status of 100. Any one know how to fix this?

Ahamix
03-17-2006, 06:53 AM
I've posted recently asking if anyone would log on and try out our server and see what you think. The server is still in progress and the most recent questions above are still yet to be answered. We're moving the server and ourselves to Columbus and internet is scheduled in until tuesday March 21st. Jsut a heads up and thanks to all those that gave and effort to help but couldnt find our server :) Be back up soon!