PDA

View Full Version : Does db.ini even get read??

bsdlite
03-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Here is my problem (seems to be a common one on the boards, but I haven't seen a clear solution): After I run world.exe, I get

Error #1045: Access denied for user 'eq'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

The thing that I don't understand, is that regardless of what I change the values in db.ini to, it always tries to log in as 'eq'@'localhost'. I changed the values in db.ini to

user=blahblahblahfart
password=THISISN'TIT

and it still gives me the exact same error. I've done all of the grant privileges that has been recommended previously, and I know for a fact that both the users 'root' and 'eq' exist on my installation, because I've logged into them via the command line

mysql -u (insert 'root' or 'eq' here) -p

and they work fine.

No, I don't use winmysqladmin. Yes, I know what my root password is. Yes, I know what my 'eq' password is.

Any ideas?? How can I get it to log into MySQL under the username I'm providing to it?!?

Useful info:

---------------------------------------------
[03.24. - 15:25:09] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world_1408.log
[03.24. - 15:25:09] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[03.24. - 15:25:09] [WORLD__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[03.24. - 15:25:09] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.6.5
[03.24. - 15:25:09] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[03.24. - 15:25:09] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection.

ubatch
03-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Did you start your registration of MySQL by clicking on WinMySQLAdmin or whatever and then do the GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES (etc...) while using mysql.exe? Try it again :)

bsdlite
03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
I don't use WinMySQLAdmin, but I've done all of the relevant GRANT commands. They effected an "unable to authenticate" error with my mysql client, so I changed to the old style of passwords using

SET PASSWORD FOR myuser@localhost = old_password('mypass');

Now I don't get the authentication error, I only get the #1045.

fathernitwit
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Dev065Release

kumado
12-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi bsdkite, did you solve your login problem ? I have the same is why I ask.
I can't see where db.ini is ever called. I did copy all of the db.ini to log.ini ( since it was empty ) and it comes back with
[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_zone.log
[Debug] [RULES__CHANGE] Resetting running rules to default values
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Loading server configuration..
Unable to parse value 'localhost' from log.ini. Skipping line.Unable to parse value 'root' from log.ini. Skipping line.Unable to parse value 'eqemu' from log.ini. Skipping line.[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
[Error] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user: 'eq@localhost' (Using password: YES)
[Debug] [ZONE__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection.

I am so close ???? :(

thanks

John Adams
12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
If you are using the latest binaries (0.7.0), that is nowhere near close.