PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to own server

warklantd
03-25-2006, 11:19 AM
For some reason I can't connect to my own server with 0.6.4.

This is my boot5zones file which boots and goes to sleep with no errors.

@echo off
if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL
start zone . paaco.redirectme.net 7995 127.0.0.1
start zone . paaco.redirectme.net 7996 127.0.0.1
start zone . paaco.redirectme.net 7997 127.0.0.1
start zone . paaco.redirectme.net 7998 127.0.0.1
start zone . paaco.redirectme.net 7999 127.0.0.1
exit
cls
:NOSPELL
--------------------------------------------------------

And my loginserver.ini:

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginport=5998
worldname=Paacos PVP (Testing)
worldaddress=paaco.redirectme.net
locked=false
--------------------------------------------------------

World.exe boots up fine and shows the zones connecting. When I click on my server in the server list it just drops me to where you put your username and pass and gives me 1017. I have the correct version, I can connect to other servers. Even tried with my linksys router running with DMZ Enabled, It gives me the same error still. Edited my hosts.txt file to reflect my no-ip.net address as well. No Firewall installed on my computer at all and the XP one is disabled.

If anyone has any ideas as to what else I can try I would appreciate it.

Belfedia
03-25-2006, 11:32 AM
I think it was a NAT problem (other can connect to your server, but not you in local) read this help : http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=NatFix
i think you can find your with that :)

warklantd
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I have everything set up exactly How that guide is explaining. Still have the same problem. Although I know it lies somewhere in my router configuration. I've set up servers just to play on before with no problems at all. The only thing different about this setup is the router between me and my cable modem.

It's not too awful important. I just like to make my own server to mess around on, it's a good way to learn. If anyone catches anything else I overlooked though I would appreciate it :)

wize_one
03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
if its just for you to test and mess arround with.. why not try minilogin.. wouldnt have to worry about the router then