PDA

View Full Version : Non-widi'ed Startup Question

Aramus7
04-04-2006, 04:06 AM
I'm somewhat new to SQL and Perl and have a quick question.
In the release notes (logs) of each nights build, there are SQL entries that need to be made. Most all of the logs have the entries. Do I need to download the oldest release (EQEmu-0.6.3), follow the wiki guide and then download the next (EQEmu-0.6.4-DR1-586), make the SQL changes and downoad the next, make the SQL changes and so on? Or can I just download the latest version to get myself started? If I just download the latest build, do I just need to modify my SQL database with the entries listed for the date of that release?

Thanks for any help!

Aramus7

johane
04-06-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm somewhat new to SQL and Perl and have a quick question.
In the release notes (logs) of each nights build, there are SQL entries that need to be made. Most all of the logs have the entries. Do I need to download the oldest release (EQEmu-0.6.3), follow the wiki guide and then download the next (EQEmu-0.6.4-DR1-586), make the SQL changes and downoad the next, make the SQL changes and so on? Or can I just download the latest version to get myself started? If I just download the latest build, do I just need to modify my SQL database with the entries listed for the date of that release?

Thanks for any help!

Aramus7

What works for me is to follow the guide for 6.4, then install the 6.6 server code. Starting at the END of the changelog, work backwards until you find a SQL change that ISNT in the DB you've installed. Every SQL statement from that one back to the start of the changelog should be sourced into your DB.

You can best see if a particular "ALTER table" statement has been applied by using "DESCRIBE table;" command in MySQL. You can see if tables have been created by doing a "SELECT * FROM table WHERE 6=4;" which will complain bitterly if the table doesn't exist, and is much more readable than "show tables;" and trying to scroll back through the hundred plus lines of output. The dodgy WHERE claus is to kill the output of records.

Aramus7
04-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks Johane! I'm up and running! Woo!