PDA

View Full Version : Mob Flurry and Rampage

Nino
04-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Ive looked almost everywhere for a fix for this problem Im having with my server. Im using the latest EQEmu build (0.6.6-767) with the VeliousRC1 database. The problem Im having is when certain mobs execute their flurry, rampage, summon, and enrage abilities. When they do them it shows up as:

#Cazic_Thule00 executes a FLURRY of attacks on Loab!

The text is shown in white instead of red and #Cazic_Thule00 should be just plain Cazic Thule. The same thing will happen with Rampage, Summon, and Enrage, all white text with #Cazic_Thule00 as the name. I searched through the source code but the only thing I could find related to this was in the MobAI.cpp file in the zone directory:

bool Mob::Flurry()
{
// attack the most hated target, regardless of range or whatever
Mob *target = GetHateTop();
if (target) {
entity_list.MessageClose(this, true, 600, 13, "%s executes a FLURRY of attacks on %s!", GetName(), target->GetName());
for (int i = 0; i < MAX_FLURRY_HITS; i++)
Attack(target);
}
return true;
}

Im not sure what the 600 and 13 are or if this is even the right place to go about changing the text color. Any help would be appreciated.

One other thing I noticed was that the text color was showing up correctly in red although the mob name was showing up #Cazic_Thule when I was using 0.6.0DR2 with the velious beta database. The values seem to be the same in the MobAI.cpp file.

rojadruid
04-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Ive looked almost everywhere for a fix for this problem Im having with my server. Im using the latest EQEmu build (0.6.6-767) with the VeliousRC1 database. The problem Im having is when certain mobs execute their flurry, rampage, summon, and enrage abilities. When they do them it shows up as:

#Cazic_Thule00 executes a FLURRY of attacks on Loab!

The text is shown in white instead of red and #Cazic_Thule00 should be just plain Cazic Thule. The same thing will happen with Rampage, Summon, and Enrage, all white text with #Cazic_Thule00 as the name. I searched through the source code but the only thing I could find related to this was in the MobAI.cpp file in the zone directory:

bool Mob::Flurry()
{
// attack the most hated target, regardless of range or whatever
Mob *target = GetHateTop();
if (target) {
entity_list.MessageClose(this, true, 600, 13, "%s executes a FLURRY of attacks on %s!", GetName(), target->GetName());
for (int i = 0; i < MAX_FLURRY_HITS; i++)
Attack(target);
}
return true;
}

Im not sure what the 600 and 13 are or if this is even the right place to go about changing the text color. Any help would be appreciated.

One other thing I noticed was that the text color was showing up correctly in red although the mob name was showing up #Cazic_Thule when I was using 0.6.0DR2 with the velious beta database. The values seem to be the same in the MobAI.cpp file.

I am betting/thinking that the name portion at least is because in the sql database "#Cazic_Thule00" is the way that they are named. Although I could be completly wrong. Its what I see looking at this code, have not checked my databse to see.

Belfedia
04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
#Cazic_Thule00 isn't Database name but spawn name
if you spawn 4 cazic you have #Cazic_Thule00, #Cazic_Thule01, #Cazic_Thule02, #Cazic_Thule03.
The message use Spawn name and not Database name :(
I don't know how to repair it.

Nino
04-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Im not really that concerned with the name part :) I would just like to get the text of "#Cazic_Thule00 exectues a FLURRY of attacks on Loab!" to show in red instead of white.

ylosh
04-13-2006, 10:27 PM
you can alter the color of the npc special attack messages in the colors tab of the options window. scroll down a little over halfway and you'll see too far away(melee), npc rampage, flurry, and enrage.

i tried out about six colors for each one and it was working fine with the latest build of 0.6.6

Nino
04-14-2006, 06:32 AM
Hmm, my colors on the options tab are set to default red for NPC special attacks. The first thing I tried was changing them to all different colors but it didnt seem to work, all NPC specials still show up in white. Could it possibly be a problem with the client version I'm using?

RangerDown
04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
The server may not using the special-attack packet but rather using the packet for a regular message and sending the string "executes a FLURRY of attacks on Soandso".

If that's the case, then let's hope there's a collect of an NPC using special attacks on this client. If not, that might be the reason they're using a regular message packet.

fathernitwit
04-14-2006, 04:50 PM
the 13 is the message type. 13 should be red (thats what we use for error messages), so im not sure why its not coming through properly.

changed the calls to use GetCleanName().

Nino
04-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Downloaded the newest build (0.6.6-770) and the mob messages are still showing in white text. Pulling my hair out with this problem but I think Ive narrowed it down to a problem with my client. I honestly dont know what else it could possible be.