PDA

View Full Version : Mysql error: mysql crashing

grimcoder
04-15-2006, 06:46 AM
I set up a mysql 1.4.23 server for EQEmu-0.6.6-770, got the server up and running, even played on it for a few mins. After I restarted machine the mysql started up but then about 5 seconds later stopped itself, so I restarted it and the same process happened. I tried a re-install of the mysql server but again it started then stopped about 5 seconds later. I then decided to try mysql 1.4.24. Worked okay till I restarted machine. Then it would start, wait 5 secs, and then stop. I'm trying to run this on a small network of 2 machines, both xp pro, service pack 2, 512 megs of mem, 2.0 ghz. Only other things I have on the machines is MacAfee version 8.0 enterprise edition. I have tried turning MacAfee off, but still I get the same results. I have no firewalls to block mysql, no ports blocked all because I'm on a separate network. I just want to know if anyone else is having or has had any problems like this? If so have they found any solutions to it?

grimcoder
04-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Seems that mysql had removed "libmysql.dll" from bin and placed it outside of the bin folder, re-installing it just seems to keep order of where files are. Just for reference of anyone who might be having a problem like this. :oops: