PDA

View Full Version : version 0.7.0 opcode error

kripsinkurehall
04-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I made the assumtion that the opcode files needed for ver 0.7.0 would be including with the win32 binaries. I don't have this problem when running the server versions .6.x.

Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_6.2.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_6.2.conf. Not registering patch 6.2.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Titanium.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Titanium.conf. Not registering patch Titanium.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Live.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Live.conf. Not registering patch Live.

This causes world.exe to crash as soon as a client tries to connect. I do have the copy of opcodes.conf that came with the 0.7.0 binary in my eqemu directory. However, it seems as if world.exe is looking for more than one config file for the opcodes.

I also tested my client by connecting to another 0.7.0 server, and I can connect just fine there, using an out of the box Titanium version of EQ.

On a side note, I've got to be missing something, but how does one lock the server is 6.5+ using the xml config file (full version). I tried to look that up on the forums here, but I'm not seeing it. I'm sorry if this one was right in front of me.

Thanks in Advance.

cavedude
04-18-2006, 08:20 AM
The .conf files are in the utils folder of the source code zip.

kripsinkurehall
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Ok cavedude, I was actually looking through the source now :)

Thank you sir.

Figured out how to lock it with the web manager, right in front of me, like I knew it would be.

Thanks again cavedude.

cavedude
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Under <world>, uncomment locked or it it isn't there add <locked/> right below </loginserver>

kripsinkurehall
04-18-2006, 08:42 AM
That'll do it to, thanks again cavedude.

Back to the original post, I found the conf files in the source like you said it would be. Might be helpfull if in the future the config files were put into the win32 binary packages for those of us who don't even touch source code :)