PDA

View Full Version : Suse 10 Vs Windows XP

warklantd
04-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Just wondering if I can get some Opinions on this. What would be the better chioce to run an Emu server on? Suse 10 or Windows XP Pro...I know a lot of people are gonna read this and say well Linux will be much better and think I'm an idiot. I have heard a couple of the server admins say they had problems when running servers in Linux with the cpu usage always staying at 100% even with noone on the server. It's been a while since I heard this though, this was back with 0.6.0 ( Probably even before that ) But, I would like to hear opinions on this from you guys. I have a spare box sitting here, although nothing special about it, I would like to set up nothing but EQEMU on it and start to make my own customized server. Any thoughts or experiences with the Linux Vs Windows thing would be appreciated.

My spare box is nothing special:
Athlon XP 2200
768 PC3200 Ram
and a 7200 RPM IDE Hard Drive

mrea
04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Personally, as far as ease of use goes, I'd put Windows on it. I'd bet that Cisyouc will tell you differently though :-P

If you're experienced with Linux I see no problem with it, but if you're looking for a quick setup it's probably not worth it.